Camshaft fo IL6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2001, 22:17   #1 (permalink)
Pushbike Rides

Camshaft fo IL6

Has anyone put one of the crow cams into their injected fou litre.On the crow website it shows testing by Herrod that it added 22 kilowats at the rear wheels to an Ef fairmont ? 22 at the wheels is quiet a bit at the flywheel. Also haw many kilowat is an Au 6 meant to have from the factory?
LARKO 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2001, 02:36   #2 (permalink)
Australian Member

Tongue

That EF 4.0L also had a exhaust installed too. So what is shown is the exhaust and cam figure.

Ask XR8Chic. she has an ED XR8 and had 150kws at the wheels.
Black S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 21:45   #3 (permalink)
BOF

AU stock sixes have a claimed 157kw, no power hike since 1994 (EF), bout time we got one I think.
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 02:49   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Re: Camshaft fo IL6

Quote:
Originally posted by LARKO 10
Has anyone put one of the crow cams into their injected fou litre.On the crow website it shows testing by Herrod that it added 22 kilowats at the rear wheels to an Ef fairmont ? 22 at the wheels is quiet a bit at the flywheel. Also haw many kilowat is an Au 6 meant to have from the factory?
Hmmm I'm excited, i've got exhuast work done already (cat back only) if i add a crow cam, i'd be happy if it added say 10-15kw at the rear wheels.
**Sniffing 130+kw at the wheels quite easily**

BOF351,
I think subtly the AU engines have gained decent kw's even though their rating hasn't really changed since 1994. VenomXR's car makes 136kw at the rears with full Herrod exhaust setup.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 12:29   #5 (permalink)

Crow actually make 2 x Cams.
Stage 1 for EA - EL & Stage II for XR6.
I have tried both. When the stage II came out, I intalled it & gave the stage 1 to my son for his ED.(more torque to @ 4500 rpm)

Get it. My mate at Mike Blewitt Ford Coffs Harbour Checked the specs while doing the install & said its heaps different to the XR cam (duration & lift). Had to up base idle @ 50 rpm.

As said before I can do 0-100 between 6.8 -7 secs.
Revs strong to 5500. Mine started as a GLi with futura options but have have done other mods too - XR ECU, cold air, big suspension mods

I love the lumpy idle. Excellent bark too !.
The other day my wife gave it a quick dash while I watched, didn't realise how good it sounded.
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 12:36   #6 (permalink)

Oh, just one other thing, and I know some may scoff at this.

Based on Crows formula, the breathing mods I've done, the cam, the spark plugs, the fat leads, the genies, the modified cat and the ECU and confirmed by our stop watch times, we estimate flywheel power at @190 - 200 kw.
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 22:25   #7 (permalink)

*BUMP*

Has anyone else fitted camshafts? I'm very interesting in getting some more work done on my car - I've tried emailing herrod / crow cams, and I've heard nothing back from them :(

What sort of costs should I be looking at??

(its an EL Futura btw)
marktx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 04:19   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Stage 3 Crow has made around 130+ rwkw with E.B.Latter model inlet/motor maybe better?. But make sure your timming chain tensioner etc IS in GOOD nick for the cam etc put extra load on them.. Valves hitting pistons "does" make a mess.. Cheap insurance esp with say more than 100.000 Klms on the clock...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech