carburettor which one ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2004, 18:43   #1 (permalink)

carburettor which one ?

I was toying with the idea of putting triple webers on my x-flow 6 4.1. When i found out the price my mind is wavering. Can anyone suggest which carbie manifold combination will give me good performance.
xr-smothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2004, 04:18   #2 (permalink)

Re: carburettor which one ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr-smothy
I was toying with the idea of putting triple webers on my x-flow 6 4.1. When i found out the price my mind is wavering. Can anyone suggest which carbie manifold combination will give me good performance.
Holley 350 works well on an aftermarket manifold. I have a XD and I used a XE (twin barrel) manifold with a Webber DGV (I think) - these are similar to the XE carb but has a manual choke and jetting. I actually brought it as a conversion kit (with pollution control modifications) for the Alloy 6 - it came with an adaptor to fit it to the XD manifold but as I said I got a XE version and transfered all the plumbing. With a set of extractors / good exhaust it really frees up those motors.

Cheers

Paul B
XR6WGN

Last edited by xr6wgn; 03-10-2004 at 04:20.
xr6wgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 04:21   #3 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

465 holley would be another choice... depends on how wild the motor is...
Old 03-10-2004, 13:54   #4 (permalink)

the motors getting a full rebuild and its out of an xe. It going into my 67 falcon, i thought it will wake the ol girl up. I am looking at putting the 350 holley and redline manifold on it will work out much cheaper. But what do i do with the extra cash, put a secound hand blower on it ooohhh yeah.
Old 03-10-2004, 18:07   #5 (permalink)
Whats traction?

Make sure you get a new carby not an old one! Or if you find an old one at a good price have it rebuilt by a reputible carby shop. Some of them are 20+ yo and never been serviced!

As for the extra money, i'd spend it on the bottom end and beefing up you driveline, standard trannies tend to die a nasty death when a bit of power gets put through them... As do borg warner diffs.
Old 03-10-2004, 22:53   #6 (permalink)

I've got around 5000 what would you do to the engine and driveline with that sort of cash ? I've had a quote for a full engine rebuild for 2500 and about 1000 for icidentals. What gearbox diff set up would you run
Old 03-10-2004, 23:45   #7 (permalink)
Whats traction?

I run a stage II kitted B/W 3 speed auto with a 2500rpm stallie.

Though if I had the choice again I'd go for a supra 5 speed!

Diff upgrades? Well, i'd be wanting 3.5/3.7:1 geared LSD. Being as your going into an older car a leaf sprung 9" will fit... a little overkill perhaps but B/W gears are hard to find. If you'd rather a B/W diff an XR6/XR8 ute diff will also be leaf sprung, hopefully an LSD.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:43   #8 (permalink)

i have a diff out of an xe ute, 4.1. What ratio do you reckon it would be runnin? I wanna keep it on the tree, is that possible with what you were saying...

Also, do you recommend anyone in the sydney area rebuild that diff

Cheers mate!

MUA, here to stay
Old 03-11-2004, 02:54   #9 (permalink)
Whats traction?

XE ute could be a lot of things!

Most likely a 3.23, possibly a 2.92... but could be just about anything!

Does it have a tag? What color is the filler plug?

You could run a tricked up 3spd auto and a high stall and keep it on the tree.... no 5spd for you though
Old 03-11-2004, 03:19   #10 (permalink)

i've got an 67 xr falcon which i'm currently doing up. I also have an xe ute with 4.1,auto as the doner car for the drive line ( the body's seen better days ). My mission is to have a nice cruzer/ sleeper. For the drive line i want an engine to be able to blow away some boy racers when need be. I would like to run the 4.1 out of the xe and the 3 speed manual out of the xr and the xe diff. The money may be a problem but i could probably leave the diff for later i've got 5000 to do the engine and gearbox and fit it all in. I've had a quote for the engine rebuild from better built for 2500. And orginally wanted to run triple webers but they will cost 2500 as well, out of my buget. Instead i'll run the holley could you please advise me on what you would do with my money. It was hard earnt i'm only a apprentice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech