Coolent Loss - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2004, 07:56   #1 (permalink)

Coolent Loss

I was driving around today and noticed after I pulled up that fuild was coming out near my fuel filter so I poped the hood and had a look and the fuild looks like coolent coming out the overflow pipe thing just under where the heater hoses go into the cabin..

It only seems to come out when my car is at number op temp and the car is shut down ( the presure must do it),, is it a leak in the heater core or am i looking at the wrong thing

The heater core is there an easy way of getting to it or do i have to remove my whole dash to do it.. and do they broke alot or is ir just a once off thing..Anyone know the price of a new one or do i just get this one fixed at a radicator place

soon to have a shift kit and one day in the unforseen future i will drop in the manual gearbox
d_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2004, 07:59   #2 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Re: Coolent Loss

Sounds like you have a Broken heater tap, its very comon on EA's.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:14   #3 (permalink)

Is that the little unit that has the vacuum hose going to it ( looks like a filter of sorts) if it is then it is not that as the fluid is coming out of the little overflow pipe coming out of the firewall

soon to have a shift kit and one day in the unforseen future i will drop in the manual gearbox
Old 06-23-2004, 08:19   #4 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Im pretty sure the heater tap is attached to the fire wall.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:26   #5 (permalink)

is this picture what you call the heater tap if so then it is not that.. it the pipe that comes out about an inch from the firewall that the water comes out of when you air con is on..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heater valve.jpg (11.9 KB, 6 views)

Old 06-23-2004, 08:28   #6 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Thats the Heater water valve.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:33   #7 (permalink)

so what is the heater tap is it the two pipes that go into the heater core or is it inside the heater box under the dash.. and is there an easy way of getting to it

Old 06-24-2004, 02:50   #8 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Yeah im pretty sure thats it mate....................... Have fun, not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech