disconect battery and then rubbish fuel economy - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2004, 10:51   #1 (permalink)

disconect battery and then rubbish fuel economy

Has anyone had this problem. i disconnected bttery and when connected again my fuel economy went up the shit (450kms approx down to 390kms approx). Last time i did this it did get better after a couple weeks. is it just the ecu relearning the setup again? I have just put in an EF cam (into a eb), and also a 82C thermostat. So i was thinking it could be those mods? I would be intersted if others have had this happen. fingers crossed my fuel economy gets better again.
EB_Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2004, 16:42   #2 (permalink)
Ford No.1

Re: disconect battery and then rubbish fuel economy

Let the ECU relearn, usually takes a week i've found. My trip computer said that i was using alot of fuel (after the reset), but by the next tank it was back to normal.
Apart from the cam have you got any other mods ? the bigger the cam usually the more fuel you'll use, but not that much with only the one mod.

Nath

Proud owner of a Ford Falcon 96' EFII XR6, 5 Speed, 2 1/2" exhaust, AUII XR8 air intake snorkel, BMC Panel Filter --> extractors are soon on the list of things to do.
nath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 19:38   #3 (permalink)

Only other mods are 2.5" exhaust, k&n panel filter and hi output coil. These should actually help fuel economy i believe. I thought the ecu would relearn itself. i was interested if it was just me or others had same prob. Good to see it is not just me.
EB_Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 20:13   #4 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

The computer should relearn to an extent but if you want to really make the most of the mods you'd prob need an aftermarket chip.

Apparently it will relearn at certain throttle points or something but not over the whole range of the car(?).

After disconnecting the battery my car ran like a dog for about a week. Stalling at idle, crap economy etc...
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech