Dress up xf carby engine bay - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2003, 01:29   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Dress up xf carby engine bay

What low restriction air filter and chrome (looking) holder would fit the standard webber?

Have anyone put thermo fans on an xd to xf? Two or one? WHat price am i looking at?

In the near future i want to move the battery to the boot for more space and looks.

Pete
fordmuscle_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2003, 06:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: Dress up xf carby engine bay

low restricion u could use a finer filter or k&n but thats only a replacement for the original filter. i could be wrong but i have never seen an aftermarket chrome aircleaner for the weber. it wouldnt be too hard to make. grab a chrome air filter with a small throat such as to suit a stromberg and redrill and cut out the shape to suit the weber. the top gasket of the carby makes for a good template.

See them both here <=-- Page Updated 15 October 2006
TaraHymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 07:54   #3 (permalink)
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch

i'm pretty sure a guy i know has a rectangular one probably about 8inches long and it suits a weber, its the ramflo style filter and takes the foam element.
RevHeadRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 19:31   #4 (permalink)

They do make aftermarket assemblies for the weber, but not with the crankcase gas piping.

I ripped the original aircleaner assembly off my XF and fitted a 9". Redline and a couple of other places make a chrome 9" aircleaner assembly ($35) that'll bolt straight on to the 2bbl weber. Only problem you'd have is that you need to punch a hole in the base plate so that you can run the crank case gas pipe from the rocker cover back to the aircleaner. I drilled it out the hole size neccessary (25mm) and fitted it with the grommet Ford use for the piping in to the orignial aircleaner assembly. It's really easy. Just use a marker pen and have a good look at it before you start drilling (I've got two holes in mine - I started in the wrong place [hosing would have been in the way of the accelerator cable] and had to blank one of them.

For the filter fit a K & N or Redline air filter (K & N $120 odd, Redline $80). I fitted the redline filter and I'm pretty happy about it all.

If it's an XD you've got I'd imagine it's the same process, but with a stromberg baseplate.
XF__UTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech