EA BBM Twin throttle body? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2004, 17:29   #1 (permalink)

EA BBM Twin throttle body?

As the title suggests , i'm curious to know what benefits i'd get out of twin throttle bodies on my EA with BBM. Just want to know theoretically what would happen if i made an adapter (like the 2(or even 3)in to 1 exhaust style join) This would look particularly sweet with a twin turbo setup. I already have a high rise hornet scoop so i have the room to do it. The throttle cable is an issue but can be fixed with linkages. Anyone????
EAtDUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2004, 17:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: EA BBM Twin throttle body?

don't know if there would be too much benefit, could be benefitial with TT's, but probably not worth the cost, i'm fairly sure someone has done it on an EF/EL and saw minimum gains, but it leaves room for the setup to scale.
the only issue i can see with a TT setup wtih dual throttle bodies is that if you were to have an intercooler... piping would be a nightmare!
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 20:34   #3 (permalink)
A Gothic Romance...

I think the standard T/B flows quite well (350hp or something) so I doubt it would make much difference, unless you ported the head extremely, had a lumpy ass cam in it and a free flowing exhaust... ?
Old 06-02-2004, 00:15   #4 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

for looks value, with a turbo install, it would be worth it - if you polished everything it would look great - but as far as performance goes i really think you would be wasting your time.

also, if you are dead set keen on turbo/s, retain the standard multipoint intake manifold, or get an ED one (allegedly they are larger internally, i dont know for sure) it is MUCH MUCH easier to route the piping for the turbos, it looks much neater, and if you polish the manifold it looks awesome.

the ED manifold supposedly flows as much hp as a EF one (or more, depending on who you talk to) but has better cylinder filling at high revs due to the plenum design, EF onwards has no plenum as such, just pipes going straight into the ports.

turbo guys reckon that for best power/driveability you need an intake manifold/plenum that can hold about as much air as the engine (in our case, 4 litres) and the ED manifold is about 3.2 i believe, which is as good as your going to get unless you start cutting and shutting stuff.

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:47   #5 (permalink)

I thought the more air you could get in the better?
Old 06-02-2004, 02:33   #6 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

That's true, but only up to a point...

You've gotta remember that it's the more air into the CYLINDER that gives more power, so you'd need your head, cam, etc. to flow enough to make use of it.

By putting twin throttle bodies on, you're basically just getting more air into the manifold, which won't really be able to flow any more into the ports on the head or through the valves into the cylinder.

Cheers,
Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 00:23   #7 (permalink)

Cheers heaps for that. Shed a fair bit of light on the whole idea. Thanxs again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech