Ford Forums banner

EA injectors or ED injectors?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Gli 90 
#1 ·
I have a set of 6 injectors off my EA and 6 off an ed, and just was curious to know if they are the same size and have the same flow capabilities.

Any help appreciated.

#4 ·
They are all the same EA to EL.

G
#5 ·
in the bosch parts catalouges at work, lists the same injector from 88' ea 3.9mpi to the el xr6. only fuel regulators are different, they are listed as high performance regulators.
If this is true, will a high performance regulator give anymore performance then the standard item? What about the fuel pumps, does the flow change for them?

#6 ·
it's only going to increase the performance if the car needs more fuel....if the mixtures are fine now, putting bigger injectors/higher rate fuel regulator will only make the car run rich, thus you reduce the performance and use more fuel......a bigger fuel pump will only do something if the standard pump is failing to keep the fuel regulator with enough pressure to keep the rail pressure where it's suppose to be....

Dave.

#7 ·
They are all the same EA to EL.
I've *heard* the EF / EL ones flow slightly more,
I think EA-ED are 19# and EF / EL are 21#
Thats why im getting better AFR's with the 24# injectors and EL ecu instead of the EB ecu, as the EL ecu is programmed for higher flow.

Get the numbers off them, I have a cross refernce chart on my website in the Tech Documents section which may show you specs on those part numbers.

#8 ·
Re: Re: EA injectors or ED injectors?

donuts2003 said:
If this is true, will a high performance regulator give anymore performance then the standard item? What about the fuel pumps, does the flow change for them?
my ea is only just starting to run out of fuel after 4000rpm. it goes to 14:1 or more afr. a higher pressure fuel reg( xr6 one ) will fix it when i remember to buy it at work!

#9 ·
qwikcorty

Is it actually fuel pressure you are lacking, or the actual ecu not keeping injectors open enough?
You will need to run it with an EFI pressure gauge inline, and see how low the pressure drops at those rpms under load. You can either run a different regulator, or possibly next size up injectors, and let the ECU lean it out down low once it learns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.