EA problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2004, 01:12   #1 (permalink)
my car is too high

EA problems

hey, im new to the forum, just got this car for christmas (mums old car), im only 15 and i only know a small amount about engines, but i know this mine is pretty crap. has only done about 184 thousand k's

it gets hot very quickly, having problems starting in hot weather, when engine is turned off, makes a hissing sound, driving on hot days smell of petrol in the car, air con has a major leak (after being regassed took a month to empty), slow to accelerate on warmer days... it also looks looks asif the head gasket is leaking, even though it has been replaced

also a wire that im not sure of (looks like its connected to the throttle body) is fraying where it sits on the head

any help or input is welcome,

cheers Ken
12slot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2004, 01:18   #2 (permalink)
No longer around

Re: EA problems

the "wire" you're talking about, is actually the accelerator cable. it is probably streched, explaining you'r slow acceleration - replace it.

the "head-gasket" leak you're talking about is the rocker cover gasket, not nearly as big of a worry as a head gasket!

give the engine bay a good degrease and high-preasure wash, being careful not to get any water into the distributor (put a plastic bag over it if you wish). this will get rid of any junk from the bay and allow you to see exactly where the oil is leaking.

as for the AC, when they regassed it, they should have done a leak test for you. i would take it back to whoever regassed it and demand them to find the leak and regass it for free once you've fixed whatever is leaking
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech