Ford Forums banner

Early Ford 300....need help locating roller tip rockers

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  southland 
#1 ·
To save a lot of typing....let's say I know what I'm doing. I have all but obtained the needed components to build a strong Ford 300 inline. Not my first rodeo I have built many performance engines and many more stock.
This is however only the second Ford 300 I have done performance upgrades to. The previous engine was rather mild street build. This project while still a street build needs stamped steel roller tip rockers to reduce valve stem wear and I'd like the extra lift of a 1.72 ratio. I have used Big Block Chevy 1.72 rockers on a few v-8 ford builds as the geometry is a good match. In those builds 7/16" studs were installed. This Ford 300 build with a 268 duration cam does not need screw in studs and I'm trying to find a set of rockers to work on the stock 3/8" studs.
Not very successfully! Anybody with Ford 300 experience know of any roller tip rocker that works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.