eb fairmont problem please help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 06:52   #1 (permalink)

eb fairmont problem please help

hello everyone, great site you have here, i have been a long time reader but first time poster. Just recently bought an eb fairmont series 2 (sold the vn commodore ) anyway, onto the problem...

at light throttle it seems fine, but once the revs get to approx 3000rpm, it starts to hesitate, and not rev out smoothly like my brothers ED futura (same motor). When its idling the trip computer is reading 99L per 100k When driving i notice the rev tacho is flairing sometimes by as much as 700rpm, if i am driving around just sitting on say 60km/h and i put foot to half way its like its doing absolutely nothing, no speed increase ( or very slowly), also when i have just punched it to the floor and take my foot off back to light throttle its almost like the car pushes you back in the seat a bit like it just started accelerating correctly... I am new to the fords, so any help at all would be muchly appreciated. I am sure its something simple. Just after some ideas. thanks everyone

dave
maddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2005, 14:50   #2 (permalink)

Re: eb fairmont problem please help

Because of the weird dash readings, along with the power probs, the first thing that I would try is to check your battery connections. Replace any corroded ones and clean the others, including the battery post. It only takes a bit of corrosion or a loose connection to make things go haywire - worst case is that your car will stop completely.
shano6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 16:07   #3 (permalink)

I have an EB2 Ghia the 99L thing is normal at idle, I replaced my accelerator cable and that gave me a little more response, also kickdown it much better, don't need to switch it to power anymore! The rpm thing could be the distributer, so maybe replace the cap and rotor, you could try replace the leads and plugs, maybe that will get rid of the flat spot. Also check the connections as the other guy said.

Ben
Benji2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:05   #4 (permalink)

thanks for the replies all. I went and replaced leads, plugs, got a new air filter for it too cause that was a bit dirty, no good, same ol, ended up checking the timing ( bridged the pins on diagnostic) and timing was out approx 9 degrees its all good now, thanks again
maddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech