eb i6 ecu - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 18:13   #1 (permalink)

Question eb i6 ecu

when did the eb's have smartlock to?i have a 7/92 eb wagon and no smartlock light flashes if it has no smartlock it will make the conversion into my ea easier.Also will i need to change the wiring from the ecu to the engine bay to go from 3.9cfi to 4.0mpfi?
madeaspack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2005, 03:58   #2 (permalink)

Re: eb i6 ecu

Cant remember the date smartlock was introduced, but there is an easy way to find out if your EB has it or not. Smartlock equipped vehicles used remote keypads to operate the central locking, so give this a go, its the keypad learn sequence. With all doors shut, turn ignition from off to acc. Within 5 secs operate the tailgate unlock switch 3 times. If the doors automatically lock its got smartlock, if not, it hasn't.

You should be able to plug in the engine bay harness for the 4.0, but maybe someone else here has done this conversion and knows more about it. Don't forget the fuel pump is different too.
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 22:10   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
Cant remember the date smartlock was introduced, but there is an easy way to find out if your EB has it or not. Smartlock equipped vehicles used remote keypads to operate the central locking, so give this a go, its the keypad learn sequence. With all doors shut, turn ignition from off to acc. Within 5 secs operate the tailgate unlock switch 3 times. If the doors automatically lock its got smartlock, if not, it hasn't.

You should be able to plug in the engine bay harness for the 4.0, but maybe someone else here has done this conversion and knows more about it. Don't forget the fuel pump is different too.
Thanks for help smally,fuel pump is different from cfi to mpfi?i hadnt thaught of that!
madeaspack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 00:59   #4 (permalink)

fuel pump is different, yes
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech