ed xr6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2005, 02:36   #1 (permalink)

ed xr6

I know this is an age old question but I recently drove to Mt Isa 1800ks from where live to see family. I was in no hurry since i had so far to go I didnt bother going over 120~130kph but I only got 10~11 k to the lt in cruise is this normal ? car is 94 ed xr6,pacmakers and new 2.5in exhaust from cat back,k&n,auto I also have these things from work ment to save fuel called vaporate (http://www.vaporate.com/) any ideas?
phunky system is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2005, 05:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: ed xr6

That comsumption sounds resonable to me. I did own an ED 5-spd, great car. I installed the full instrument pack instead of the standard one and made it look $1m! I could do Adelaide to Melbourne on a tankful - just. 752K on 73l of fuel works out at just under 10l/100Km. A lot of the result was because I buttoned off to 105 km/h max. in Victoria because of highway robbers. Driving any faster is financial suicide. In my home state of SA, 125 km/h seems a good speed. So the average speed for that trip was probably about 110.

Currently I have an EL 5spd XR6 and it will do just about the same, execpt that the consumption is up a bit to around 10.2 l/100Km. This can be attributed to the fact that the EL has a slightly lower diff ratio and so it revs just a little harder, about 300 rpm at 120k. I took manual figures and compared with the trip computer, and they were within 0.2 l/100. The trip comp. is quite accurate.

Just querying too your figures. You were saying km to the litre. With figures of 10 or 11 I think you probably mean l/100Km. Is that correct?
fordboy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 16:23   #3 (permalink)

nah kms/ltr
phunky system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 00:45   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordboy98
This can be attributed to the fact that the EL has a slightly lower diff ratio and so it revs just a little harder, about 300 rpm at 120k. ?
I hope that is a miss print?
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech