Ford Forums banner

ED XR6 lack of power

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  leethal59 
#1 ·
hi guys and gals im a ford owner i have a 94 model ed xr6 had it for about a year and frankly it goes like shit im realy dissapointed i love her shes gorgeous but my dads eb falcon goes so much harder than it i took her for a service and they said "shes running to ford specifcations" seems like crap do any of you fellas have any ideas that might help me,and she chews threw the unleaded

#2 ·
edfalconxr6 said:
hi guys and gals im a ford owner i have a 94 model ed xr6 had it for about a year and frankly it goes like shit im realy dissapointed i love her shes gorgeous but my dads eb falcon goes so much harder than it i took her for a service and they said "shes running to ford specifcations" seems like crap do any of you fellas have any ideas that might help me,and she chews threw the unleaded
goddamn are you my clone or what :D. mines slower than my mates EB GLi and the mileage isnt that great either. id love to know if theres a solution to our collective problems.

#4 ·
yep, as above - check the cat, also the fuel filter, distributor cap, rotor, leads, ignition timing...

if the timing is very retarded it will go like crap and use lots of fuel too...

#5 ·
derb -----im so dissapointed i love falcons im going to wack a picture on asap,so yo have the same problem amazing wats urs like? yea ive had the service done at the ford garage and they said all was in good order,not sure about the cat im looking at getting a new system,i was hoping it was a common things and there might be answers

#8 ·
Barefoot said:
I dunno what you done to the car derb but it was running perfect the day you picked it up...
i dunno either. she seems fine, theres nothing out of the ordinary. just the fact that its slower than a stock eb.

#12 ·
hi guys, i had a similar scenario with my ED XR6 also, checked everything including ECU and told running to specs but having owned since new I knew something was wrong. Turned out to be the ECU even though it tested ok apparently they degrade internally and go off song, replaced with genuine exchange unit from ford, note not a rebuid by a dealer but from factory and now runs like a dream again.
Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.