Ford Forums banner

EF Air Inlet Duct

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  ef chaser 
#1 ·
Can anyone advise if the EL air inlet duct assembly for the 6 cyl. engine (the one mounted over the engine rocker cover) can be fitted to my EF 6 cyl.?

The EF utilises a rather large and bulky dual inlet duct which is joined by 2 flexible hoses to another inlet duct which then connects to the air filter assy.

I have the original one on my EF 6 cyl. which is split and cracked (due to a backfire on Gas, which was due to a poor resistive spark plug lead)

I have been told to fit the EL air intake assembly instead, (which is smaller and less prone to damage if a backfire occurs) but wondered if this would affect performance etc. as the car is obviously not tuned to the EL one.

Thanks in advance,

#2 ·
The EF intake flows better.
But the EL one will fit if you really want to do it.....

BTW you won't need to retune the car for the new intake.

#4 ·
same thing happened to the one on my EF
i pulled it off and superflued it shut.

#6 ·
The El piping from the airbox lid to the TB flows better than the Ef.This is due to irregular pressures
from single pipe into dual pipe back to single.
But the Ef airbox lid does flows better than the El lid.
If I were you just throw on an El lid and pipe work.

#7 ·
I seem to remember reading a post a while back with flow comparisons or something, which clearly stated the EF flowed better despite being older. I'll see if I can find it.

#8 ·
Meh can't find it, oh well.

#9 ·
Trick for the blow up prob. Drill a 6mm hole in your cold air intake and put a stubbie holder over the hole. If it goes to blow the stubbie holder will blow but your intake should remain intact.

#10 ·
6mm hole... but a stubbie holder is huge :p

#11 ·
Just mount the holder and hole where you can get a tight fit over your intake. This is wat LPG fitters do - If i find a picture I'll show u but its rare as rocking horse sh*t for me to keep pictures for too long

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.