EF ignition problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2005, 02:36   #1 (permalink)

EF ignition problems

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone had any info to assist me in my quest to get my car going again!
I have a 95 EF futura and the ignition switch has been notchy for the past few months, and it fell apart today. the car wouldnt' start and was stuck in acc position. Called the RACV and he dodgied it up to get me home (Knocked the band that holds the switch in, out of shape to hold it in place).
Upon getting it home and turning the car off, the switch fell apart again.
My mate pulled the ignition barrel out by pushing in release button while in acc position. We thought that there may have been 2 problems, the switch and the barrel....
The problem is when we pulled the barrel out, the section in the smartlock module?, rotated and went back to the off key position. We would like to know, 1, should it rotate back to off pos? and if it should, how do you get it back to the acc position. I mean, if you can replace the barrel, there should be a way to remove it and refit the new one....
Any help would would be appreciated
Thanks, DANIEL CAMPBELL
doogs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech