EF manifold into eb 4.0 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2002, 00:49   #1 (permalink)
351 windsor for the xr

EF manifold into eb 4.0

well i got the ea on the road with a worked 4.0 in it it pumped out 160kw at the wheels still running stock injectors exhaust computer etc...
anyway what i wanna know is how hard is it too fit an ef dual runner manifold onto the 4.0 i've seen it done before and it has been recommended to me by the guy who dynoed the car as i wil be fitting exhaust etc.. next week.
iheard a rpm switch will be required has anyone on here done this conversion any info much appreciated.
TUFESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2002, 07:36   #2 (permalink)

Not to sound like a prick but do a search, its been covered before in detail a few times.
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:09   #3 (permalink)
351 windsor for the xr

Sorry but nothing really comes up
Old 12-08-2002, 03:46   #4 (permalink)
Ex Member

Re: EF manifold into eb 4.0

Quote:
Originally posted by TUFESP
well i got the ea on the road with a worked 4.0 in it it pumped out 160kw at the wheels still running stock injectors exhaust computer etc...
anyway what i wanna know is how hard is it too fit an ef dual runner manifold onto the 4.0 i've seen it done before and it has been recommended to me by the guy who dynoed the car as i wil be fitting exhaust etc.. next week.
iheard a rpm switch will be required has anyone on here done this conversion any info much appreciated.
Not to sound like a prick, but what have you done to the engine to get this power out of it?
Old 12-08-2002, 13:52   #5 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Quote:
Originally posted by TUFESP
Sorry but nothing really comes up
That's strange, I found this one;

click => El Manifold Onto An Eb

Note the post from Grunt51 regards the timing change with the EL computer. (Grunt51 = Brenden Mock from Jim Mock Motorsport)
Old 12-09-2002, 01:03   #6 (permalink)
351 windsor for the xr

i have bored it 20 thou 9.5:1 compression ratio stock conrods heaps of head work with massive valves maximum porting in the head custom grind cam vernier cam gear my mate built the motor for me i will get full specs of him tommorow if youre really intrested its pretty sluggish down low but after 3000rpm it hust hammers can get wheel spin in 4th gear as i'm running a 5speed

thankx for all your help guys i will be using the 6 throttle body manifold from injection perfection i will keep you all posted of the results as soon as the beast is all bck together and running all the proper gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech