Ford Forums banner

EF Missing

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  EAO WORM 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Got a problem with my ef, she is missing badly, hopefully you have some ideas on how to fix her.

Problem came from no where, I drove to the coast no worries at all, a few hours later I got in the car to come home, as soon as I started it up she was missing badly. Checked the plugs number 6 was black all the others look fine. Replaced all the plugs no better, checked the plugs and suprise suprise number 6 was black again. Also bought a dodgey $5 spark plug/ lead tester from supercheap, it shows that all the plugs/ leads are fine. I also pulled
out the number 6 plug and turned over the engine and the plug seemed to
be sparking fine. Could a dirty injector cause this? or some thing worse?

Thanks for your help

#2 ·
It sounds like the injector is stuck open, or at least not seating properly. If the engine has done a lot of k's and the injectors haven't been cleaned, having them serviced could do the trick. Otherwise, a new injector might be needed. It could be something else though- get your mechanic to check first.

#4 ·
With a case this bad see if any fuel has made its way into the oil while your at it. Give her an oil change after fixing the injectors.

#5 ·
XE-esp is me best mate and as it turned out it was the computer of all things. The car was taken to QFord for a service/repair report and the guys come back with its a "computers frigged". When he told me i though bugger, wonder how dear that will be, answer, $500 inc labour. Bargin!

Needless to say, its running great. Had the car back 1 day and got a 3 pointer. All is well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.