Ford Forums banner

EF ticking noise update

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  back2thefutura 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Thanks a lot for the help but i've still got the problem. It's got 220,000 ks. I flushed the oil out and used nulon worn engine treatment cos i coulden't get any specific lifter treatment. Any other ideas. If its the lifters should i get a whole new set or just replace the bad ones? Is this a job someone with limited experience could do themselves? Im a bit short on cash and woried this could cost a fortune but i don't like driving it like this. Any other additional info would be great. Im wondering if i should try to find something with less k's? thanks again guys...

#6 ·
Heya,

its a bit hard to work out what the noise is with such a limited description (and i know its difficult to describe over the net), but are you sure its not your serpentine belt? I had a bad ticking noise which got worse under acceleration, turned out my serpentine belt just had a bit of dust in it, and holding a pretty thick brush (not wire tho) to it whilst its running will clean it out.
So maybe you wanna try that unless you're 100% sure its the lifters? Just a suggestion as I know how p!ssed i would be if i spent $280 and found it was still there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.