ef xr6 dyno results - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2003, 21:35   #1 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

ef xr6 dyno results

got my brothers ef xr6 manual dynoed today 122 rwkw and its completley stock with 220,000 kms on the odometer

What do you think about this figure, i was only expecting between 100 - 110 , By the way the motor show was on as well they had a ba xt 6 there with a full herrod exhaust on, with dyno printouts for 115rwkw ?

arnt these meant to be 185kw stock compared to my brothers 164 kw, it was an auto though, but this figure is still dissapointing (to me anyway)

In a week or 2 the ef will have a full intake and exhaust change so we can see power gains when we dyno it again
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2003, 22:57   #2 (permalink)

hey

thats a pretty good result for the ef

get it dynoed again from somewhere different

if still the same then he must have a freak engine cause a stock ef xr6 should have about 107 rwkw

thanks

yldsix
yldsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 23:49   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

the only dyno I wuld trust is herrods. The reason I say this is that on the last raid I got the xa dynoed at just over 180 RwKw ... I can run a 13.7@104 over the 1/4. Plenty on LS1s (and I say this mainly because there are not that many people that dyno their cars on FF .. or at least admit it !) that are dynoed at 210+ RwKw and run high 13's often at less Mph. The upshot is that not all dynos will give the same car the same output.. operator adjustments, the so called 'shoot out mode' .. heat, humidy and a zillion other things can change the reading. A dyno reading should be to used to check the effects of a mod before and after.. otherwise they are just a good talking point !!

My 2c
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 00:10   #4 (permalink)

ef xr6 dyno results

4 runs were performed std, new plugs, no air filter, air box lid held up

Std:119.7, New plugs:123, No filter and lid held up were the same:124kw

The car had plenty of time to cool before the run and it was a good air temp when it was run

Dyno sheet attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dyno.jpg (32.7 KB, 165 views)
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
Old 04-05-2003, 02:17   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

were the plugs stuffed or did you put some 'performance' plugs in??
Also interesting is that removing the air box etc didn't really do that much...
Old 04-05-2003, 03:24   #6 (permalink)

redGhia
That figure could be right , I have dynoed a lot of 4lt fords and found some seem to be better than others , 1 el XR6 we dynoed was stock other than a good set of extractors an put out 127 kw others with more mods put out less , also dynoed a stock eb wagon family car which put out 111kw .

Trevor
TA22-3SGTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 03:51   #7 (permalink)

ef xr6 dyno results

Quote:
Originally posted by xa-coupe
were the plugs stuffed or did you put some 'performance' plugs in??
Also interesting is that removing the air box etc didn't really do that much...
The Plugs wernt completley stuffed but there was a slight misfire at idle so they changed them for ngk "R" Plugs Apparently the idle ring could have been better it still has a very very slight misfire but the car is much smoother on the road as well

I think i can trust their dyno pretty well as this place is very good and if they can (and have) built 9 sec. rb30 skylines they know what theyre doing

The airbox lid may or may not of made a diffrence they did 4 power runs but only showed 3 on the graph They said that if we get rid of the crap induction sys off the rocker cover it should give a few more kws
Old 04-05-2003, 03:59   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Their mechanical skills are not in question .. but people's perceptions of dynos are ..
Old 04-05-2003, 04:11   #9 (permalink)

I cant say there dyno is correct but if i take it elsewhere i dont know theirs is either, but it will give me an average. im not going to drive from sa to herrods when i dont know theirs is even right

alot of mags inc. zoom do alot of testing there so isuppose its in their interest to be right
Old 04-05-2003, 04:15   #10 (permalink)
EFXR62

Those are some pretty good results.. Mine's only got a 2.5" exhaust and done 206,000 km's.. I might get it dyno'd soon, just for interests sake..

Quote:
They said that if we get rid of the crap induction sys off the rocker cover it should give a few more kws
Yeah, the induction piping from the airbox to the throttle body on the EF'S is hopeless.. I replaced mine with a 3.5" piece of flexi-piping, and i'm getting alot smoother acceleration and fuel economy has changed dramatically!

Next mods i will try to do will be a set of extractors, (new cam? chunkier than the tickford one? any ideas people?), and maybe a well done cold air induction system..

Cheers,
Yagz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech