ehat do i do now - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2005, 00:42   #1 (permalink)

ehat do i do now

ok im almost 18 and have got a AUIII forte to work on. my big plan is to turn this car into a big sleeper but dont know where to start. i was thinking turbo but then again maybe N/A but i want it to look like its not goin 2 move the only visual stuff i want to do is a set of rims, lowered, tinted windows and i already have my killer system thats goin in but performance and engine wise i want 2 be different how many AUIII fortes do u c that dont look like much but go like a dream. i am a mechanic myself and work at bayford but i need some ideas and maybe even prices. Much appreciated to any one whos got sum bright ideas
WHITE_AUIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2005, 00:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: ehat do i do now

If any one has done something along the lines of what im thinkin of let me know
Old 02-01-2005, 04:30   #3 (permalink)

Sorry i am not much help.. BUT if u want a tru sleeper forget about the rims, lowering and tints.. pour all ur money into the engine
Good luck with it
Old 02-01-2005, 05:44   #4 (permalink)
what u lookin at

depends how much u wanna spend. how much power do u want?

if youve got around $8000 to spend on the engine, get it turbo'ed and youll have at least 200rwkw. If you do a lot of research and learn about complete turbo systems/conversions you could do it yourself from $4500+ buying parts (mainly turbo) from the US as youll save heaps.

Other than that JMM have some pretty good gear and so they should from the amount of R&D they have done.
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 18:00   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRlent-6
Sorry i am not much help.. BUT if u want a tru sleeper forget about the rims, lowering and tints.. pour all ur money into the engine
Good luck with it
OK THEN ILL FOORGET ABOUT RIMS AND TINTS BUT LOWERING DOES INCREASE HANDLING SO IM STILL GOIN WITH THAT ACTUALLY I MIGHT SUPER SUPER LOWS MY MATES GOT EM ON HIS SLEEPER AUI AND THAT LOOKS TOUGH
Old 02-01-2005, 19:24   #6 (permalink)
EBII GLi 4.0L 4spd LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE_AUIII
OK THEN ILL FOORGET ABOUT RIMS AND TINTS BUT LOWERING DOES INCREASE HANDLING SO IM STILL GOIN WITH THAT ACTUALLY I MIGHT SUPER SUPER LOWS MY MATES GOT EM ON HIS SLEEPER AUI AND THAT LOOKS TOUGH
you've got the right idea here mate. lowering increases handling so much. and with an AU (which was designed/masacred by a woman) which sits so high to begin with, it'll be normal height after.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:27   #7 (permalink)

Im a mechanic as well champ First thing u want to do is extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust with a single mufler and a cam, u will notice heaps with these 2 mods, u have an auto im guessing so stage 2 crow or wade 1004 would be the highest u could go cos for stage 3 stuff u need better valve springs and the head needs to come off, when it comes off u should port it out whiles its off, also with stage 3 stuff u will need a stally if its an auto. Get the tickford air intake (front snorkle) as it is much bigger, u can get this from ford, u should get a K&N air filter with it as well. I have one on my mums EL futura. Thats pretty good for a start
Old 02-03-2005, 01:59   #8 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

think about all the time and money you could spend on cams and headwork then throw it out the window and just bite the bullet and buy a blower kit - It might seem like a big outlay but u will save in the long run and u will have a very fast falcon
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:55   #9 (permalink)

Im pretty sure that you can get 200rwk out of a dev kit - and thats safer than turbo. And if down the track you want to turbo put it on top of this and go psycho!!! But id probably buy another motor to put the turbo with so that you dont ruin any of your dev gear when the motor self destructs. People have different opinions, but my thoughts -It would be more of a sleeper if it didn't have a turbo; everybody can hear it and expect it to cane.
Falcon S, MPFI, red, Resprayed with colour coded bumpers, motorvator extractors, walker hi-flow cat, 2 & 1/2 exhaust system, cold air intake using hi-flow K&N pod filter (heat sheilded), stage 3 crow cam with a vernier cam timing gear. Severly ported and polished EB 4.0L head, shimmed valve springs - compression ratio (9.5:1 +). Making 145rwkw!!
Grant Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech