Re: EL XR6 getting HOT !
Several things to consider.
1. Radiator as mentioned. Whilst you did flush it yourself, a professional flush will always produce a far better result. Changing oil doesn't do much for cooling prooblems.
2. Is the thermostat behaving correctly? Is it opening when the coolant gets hot? It may be jammed and not opening enough to permit adequate flow.
3. Are there any airlocks in the cooling system?
4. Are the thermo fans operating correctly? At normal temps and at idle both fans usually run at slow speed (they are 2 speed fans).
5. Is the gauge operating correctly ie, do you have an electrical problem?
Is the car overheating whilst moving? If it is, that suggests that it is not the fans, as ram air does most of the cooling under these circumstances. More likely to be thermostat. Or does the temp climb when the car is stataionary, in which case it may be the fans. And in the "too silly to be true" area, it might be the water pump impeller, but this is unlikely.