engine mount replacement - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2004, 02:13   #1 (permalink)
cArSiK
 
cArSiK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NSW
Age: 29
Posts: 1,249
engine mount replacement

Hey yall ,

My drivers side engine mount has died and im wondering how hard it would be to replace it myself? would any special tools be needed? Would it be smarter to sent the car off to the mechanics to get it done?

Cheers
James
__________________
Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver.......
2001 AUII XR6 VCT -Auto, white,clear indicators,K&N filter,tint - - - - Let The Mods Begin!!!!!!!!
Proud TQE Operator
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-15-2004, 02:44   #2 (permalink)
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
 
blueovalxfboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria
Age: 28
Posts: 974
Re: engine mount replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
Hey yall ,

My drivers side engine mount has died and im wondering how hard it would be to replace it myself? would any special tools be needed? Would it be smarter to sent the car off to the mechanics to get it done?

Cheers
James
hey mate u wouldnt believe how ezy it is i had to replace my front right for RWC just put a trolley jack under the diff with a block of wood on it to distribute weight jack it up until the weight is just off the mount unbolt the old engine mount u might have to experiment to get it out by pumpin the jack but not so much that u snap the other mount but so u can get the mount out then once its out put the new one in re bolt up let the jack down and tighten just to make sure
blueovalxfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:09   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
 
davway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: warrnambool
Age: 36
Posts: 3,293
Re: engine mount replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueovalxfboy
just put a trolley jack under the diff with a block of wood on it to distribute weight jack it up until the weight is just off the mount unbolt the old engine mount u might have to experiment to get it out by pumpin the jack but not so much that u snap the other mount but so u can get the mount out then once its out put the new one in re bolt up let the jack down and tighten just to make sure
um why would you jack up the diff to change an engine mount? i would have thought maybe the sump or where the motor bolts to the gearbox.
__________________
HSV Herpes Simplex Virus
GAME OVER!
davway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:12   #4 (permalink)
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
 
blueovalxfboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria
Age: 28
Posts: 974
Re: engine mount replacement

ahhhhh sorry dont bother jackin ya diff u need to jack ya sump sorry i olways mix them dont no y
blueovalxfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:19   #5 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
 
davway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: warrnambool
Age: 36
Posts: 3,293
Re: engine mount replacement

lol...thats what i thought you meant!!
__________________
HSV Herpes Simplex Virus
GAME OVER!
davway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:21   #6 (permalink)
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
 
blueovalxfboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria
Age: 28
Posts: 974
Re: engine mount replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
lol...thats what i thought you meant!!
thanks for that mate
blueovalxfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:07   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Townsville NQ
Age: 32
Posts: 797
Re: engine mount replacement

lol diff is at the back .....

anyway ... in general its easy as to chage the mount ..
trhe only difficulty i always had was aligning the mount (s) again ,,, but that could also be due to the reason that i work with engine cranes and not with trolley jacks ...

just wne u try to jack up the engine under the sump which u shouldnt do in teh first place ... try not to dent it!
__________________
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 23:55   #8 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6
 
TIKFD6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Wodonga Vic
Age: 41
Posts: 8,204
Re: engine mount replacement

Jim make sure you have a Uni Joint socket extension handy, you will need it.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 00:08   #9 (permalink)
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
 
blueovalxfboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria
Age: 28
Posts: 974
Re: engine mount replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChief
lol diff is at the back .....

anyway ... in general its easy as to chage the mount ..
trhe only difficulty i always had was aligning the mount (s) again ,,, but that could also be due to the reason that i work with engine cranes and not with trolley jacks ...

just wne u try to jack up the engine under the sump which u shouldnt do in teh first place ... try not to dent it!
nah u put a block of wood on the jack and jack it therefore it distributes the weight and doesnt dint it
blueovalxfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford's SuperCooler uses cold air to heat up engine performance Stacy94PGT Ford Worldwide News 1 04-05-2006 05:34
U.S.A.:Q&A with Global Powertrain Cheif Dave Szczupak Stacy94PGT Ford Worldwide News 0 02-27-2004 08:27
Holdens new V6 EED-250 The Pub 52 08-09-2003 22:07
engine replacement tigger2775 Ford Mustang Forum 2 07-17-2003 12:55
Done by Hand: Mazda's new Renesis engine receives surprisingly lowtech final assembly Stacy94PGT Mazda Forum 0 02-24-2003 07:35

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:12.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.