Engineers certificate?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2002, 11:37   #1 (permalink)
nickmycar

Engineers certificate??

G;day,
For anyone that has done the CFI > MPI conversion, do you need to get an engineers certificate or is it not required? And how are your cars running now after the conversions??

TIM...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2002, 15:19   #2 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

As far as I know you don't need an engineer's certificate because EA's came in both CFI and MPI.
But if you were to drop a windsor in your EA then you would need a certificate because EAs never came with a V8 option.

--ath0-- ....gone
Zomwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 14:53   #3 (permalink)
EAofWAR

hehehehehe, sorry not my problem, i can write one in a year, hehehehee.

And no im pretty sure u dont, since the EA came out with both engines, to my knowlege u dont have too. So long as the motor has the same code as the motors out of ea its legal. If u put in a 4L then yes, or a 5L, u need to do some work and then see an engineer but 3.9CFI to 3.9MPI is no problem (very very sure)

Its my dream in a few years to re-make an EA GT, get a 5L out of a EL falcon, work the tits off it, stroke to 351, get a nice EA, buy a EB GT interior.... u get the idea, its alot of hard work and is very expensive but im sure it will be worth it :)

EAofWAR
Old 03-11-2002, 15:07   #4 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

just a minor correction

hey EAofWAR, don't mean to be picky here but the 5L (302 Windsors) out of an EF get stroked to a 347 not a 351.

on a side note, i remember seeing an ED for sale a while ago that had a supercharged 347 stroker in it, $19,000 it was going for - what a beast that would have been!!!
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 15:50   #5 (permalink)
EAofWAR

To 347??? that new to me, fair enough, i was thinking of doing it myself though, give me a reason that a 5L windsor cant go to 351? If it cant i suppose ill just get a 347 badge, GT 347! least its original hey! albeit a little try hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech