Extractors on an EF XR6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2002, 06:15   #1 (permalink)
EFXR62

Extractors on an EF XR6

Hey.

I currently have an EF XR6 with a 3 inch exhaust system..

I was told, and after observation, saw that at the moment, i have a sensor running into the outlet manifold to gather emission results and send it back to the computer..

If i get extractors, apparently the car becomes un-roadworthy, and sends the wrong results back to the computer, meaning it might affect other readings taken by the computer..

Can anyone who has an EF XR6 or 8 tell me if they have extractors, or whether or not they can be fitted to my model car..

Thanks,

Yagz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2002, 07:16   #2 (permalink)
XR8 XR6 Club of Victoria

Extractors

Yagz,
got my extractoers from Jim Mock.
These have a threaded coupling for the oxygen sensor.
It all fits together correctly and the sensor works as it should.

Regards
TBH: (the better half) drives an ED XR6 wagon (Mock Dev 4 160rwkw, JMM extractors, 4 electric windows, Ghia door panels in XR trim, rear head & arm rests in XR trim, Momo s/wheel with Cruise, EL thermos, EBGT wheels, etc) things to come soon = EECV upgrade.
Muzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 17:18   #3 (permalink)
EFXR62

Heya Muzza, how much did they cost??

I was looking to spend $500-$600, but i want some that will last...
so, if i have to spend more, i suppose i will have to save up..
Old 09-23-2002, 21:43   #4 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

yeah mate most decent extractors should have the thread for the oxygen sensor so this shouldnt be a problem, mine does... ring around mate...
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 22:21   #5 (permalink)
EFXR62

Ah, ok, thanks for that :)
Old 09-24-2002, 01:30   #6 (permalink)
XR8 XR6 Club of Victoria

Extractor prices

The extractors were around $400-450.
I had mine Jet-Hot coated (since "presetation is everything!") and that added $200 so the final price was approx $650.
I am not sure how much fitting is as I do that myself (my workshop is equipped with a Mig welder) - I'm a "serious" hobbiest.

Note, that there are several makes that have very short secondries so the factory Cat will fit. From all I've heard those types are not very good (combo of lack of secondaries and the stock 2.25" pipe to the Cat).

Best Regards.
TBH: (the better half) drives an ED XR6 wagon (Mock Dev 4 160rwkw, JMM extractors, 4 electric windows, Ghia door panels in XR trim, rear head & arm rests in XR trim, Momo s/wheel with Cruise, EL thermos, EBGT wheels, etc) things to come soon = EECV upgrade.
Muzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:21   #7 (permalink)

Remember when you fit the extractors that you have to put on a heat shield - also the extractors run closer to, and put a lot more heat into, your lower steering knuckle which is filled with a silicon based substance - the heat kills it real quick so you have to put a shield around the knuckle - the one it already has is not enough on it's own.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:23   #8 (permalink)
EFXR62

Hmm, that's not too bad.. I was thinking of getting my rocket cover polished so it's silver..

I dunno about doing this yet though.. Can i get the extractors polished up too? So it matches the rocket cover?
Old 09-24-2002, 03:25   #9 (permalink)
EFXR62

Ah ok, thanks T3Man.. I'll ask the exhaust guy.. Also, how do i change my 'New member' status under my name?
Old 09-24-2002, 05:11   #10 (permalink)

I have an oxygen sensor thread in my extactors, I hope that means they are decent. Found I had a bit of an exhaust leak, so seeing as I dont have to use the sensor I plugged it up with a stock sensor.

Also found that my speedo cable decided to rest on the extactors, so now its a tad melted. Still works ok, metal weaving in the outer insulation : )
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech