Falcon 6 Turbo Systems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2003, 08:51   #1 (permalink)
Team Betta Racing

Falcon 6 Turbo Systems

A contact of mine has designed & built several turbo systems for the Ford six. Just recently he has also finished a twin turbo (yes - TWO HAIRDRYERS) fitted to an EA.

With all of the interest going round, and nobody (workshops etc.) being able to supply a kit at a reasonable price, he is considering to have his designs (after final manifold tuning etc. and bugs are removed) produced in numbers to supply the Blue Oval Army with BOOST!

In a few weeks (maybe 3-5), I will have some more information for everybody, hopefully with some prices, parts lists, and some power figures.

Cheers - Coxy
coxy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2003, 18:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: Falcon 6 Turbo Systems

Price?
Sample pics?

I want TO4 onto E-series. Split pulse.
pm me with his contact details.
serious enquiry.
aaron_hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 21:15   #3 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

Sounds good!!

About time someone started some serious kits for the I6!
Old 11-06-2003, 22:02   #4 (permalink)
EB Series 2 XR6

Hmmm, looking foreward to hearing more.....

Nath
(I want BOOOOOST)...LOL
Bladez_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 22:11   #5 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

their is already companies doing turbo set ups for I6's the most interesting things about this though to compare with be; power, realability and the price he can put it all togethor for. Thats what will dictate sales
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 08:12   #6 (permalink)
Team Betta Racing

Hi guys. Like I said before, there's still a lot of fine tuning to be done before we can actually produce parts in numbers (cant sell you guys untesed kits).

Aaron: The kit I have has a T05/T03 hybrid. It spools up at about 1600-2000 rpm and rides right out through the revs.

This kit I know own was used on a completely stock EA multipoint. I mean absolutely ZERO mods (except pod filter & exhaust). No ECU programming, no intercooler, no MOTEC or powerchip, no extra OR bigger injectors. It ran around 165-170kw at the treads (thats around 220fwkw's). And the motor had well over 200,000 kms on it too.

younggun: I know there's heaps of places doing turbo kits, especially know the XR6T is here, but as far as price goes, take a look for example at AVO's rough price estimation - $9,000 to $11,000!! Sure they give you all the good stuff, and AVO have upgraded some of the fastest cars around, but really, who has that kind of money to spare?? These kits (depending on interest and what stuff you want) wont even come anywhere near those prices.

Anyway, I'll try and get some pics of my system up ASAP, and possibly the twin setup in a fortnight or so.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:54   #7 (permalink)

interested to here final power figures and price
Old 11-08-2003, 22:17   #8 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

I'm interested too

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 21:26   #9 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy321

This kit I know own was used on a completely stock EA multipoint. I mean absolutely ZERO mods (except pod filter & exhaust). No ECU programming, no intercooler, no MOTEC or powerchip, no extra OR bigger injectors. It ran around 165-170kw at the treads (thats around 220fwkw's). And the motor had well over 200,000 kms on it too.

Wow.. that is very impressive.. we were having a big debate the other day about the ability to run any sort of boost at all with a stock ECU (th e other parts of the engine dont matter as much), and didn't think the ECU would be able to handle it..

Of course, you'd probably find that you could get heaps more out of the same turbo setup with an aftermarket comp, new cam and maybe some headwork...

Will there be any testing done on LPG systems (both dual-fuel and some of the later model factory-LPG cars as well)?
Old 11-10-2003, 21:58   #10 (permalink)
Team Betta Racing

juarez: In regards to testing of LPG and dual fuel setups, there wont be any done on my car as I am completely against gas. But thats just me! No doubt if we get some gear out for sale one of you guys will have a 'tinker' with LPG setups.

As for the factory LPG, i dont know. Obviously we dont have access to vehicles or people willing to try this stuff on their cars knowing the result could be a car with only half a motor left. I'd say the biggest killer of LPG turbo's if fueling them. It costs big dollars for big horsepower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech