faster EL?!?! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2005, 03:57   #1 (permalink)

faster EL?!?!

Im after some help and advice on a 4.0lt EL motor, mates got a GLi falcon with the 4spd auto, its got a pod filter, other than that its stock.

I had a ea that was faster than the el but i know what to do to the EL to make it faster, just wanna know if anyone can suggest anything they think works, im guessing set of extractors and a 2 1/2" with straight thru muff,
maybe making a cold air system from throttle body to the pod or 3 or 4" insulated piping for colder air??,
can you get an electric shift kit or a stage 1 or 2 kit for the gearbox?,
whats a suitable diff ratio for the 4spd autos? im thinking 3.7 or 3.9's is the diff a borgwarner and is the VL interchangeable. Are XR6 diffs all LSD is there any falcons to look out for in a wrecking yard to grab parts off?,
i know you can put an AU head on the EL block, are they best putting on stock or should they be ported/polished and can you fit bigger valves stiffer springs to the head?
What about cams for the motor aswell to suit an auto?
If anyone has tips or advice for cheap or affordable performance id appreciate it
scano71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2005, 02:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: faster EL?!?!

there is a shift kit for the autos that you can do ya self for less than $20!
also the head that you should look for is a EF XR6 head and just clean up the ports a little and just replace the XR6 springs exhaust and intake thats all you will need for good power for a resonable price!
then the next upgrade i would do if i was you would be to go to manual!!!!!!!! massive enhancement right there!
cheers Notty
notty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:15   #3 (permalink)

[QUOTE=notty]there is a shift kit for the autos that you can do ya self for less than $20!
also the head that you should look for is a EF XR6 head and just clean up the ports a little and just replace the XR6 springs exhaust and intake thats all you will need for good power for a resonable price!
then the next upgrade i would do if i was you would be to go to manual!!!!!!!! massive enhancement right there!
cheers Notty[/QUOT

COME GOOD WITH THE $20 SHIFT KIT AND I WILL BE YOUR MATE..
xrglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 22:53   #4 (permalink)

its a simple thing you can do in a hour with some resistors and a switch tooo easy!
cheers
Old 12-03-2005, 05:39   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notty
its a simple thing you can do in a hour with some resistors and a switch tooo easy!
cheers
PLEASE EXPLAIN, IN DETAIL?
THANKS "MATE"
xrglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 14:05   #6 (permalink)

there is a old thread somewhere here about them does anyone know where it is?
there is also a guy selling them on ebay at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Falcon-P...QQcmdZViewItem

the way it works is it changes the line pressure from the S5 solinoid witch makes the shift faster and firmer!
cheers
Notty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech