Fix Or Repair Daily - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2004, 02:37   #1 (permalink)

Fix Or Repair Daily

Fords are not my favourite cars but ive learnt to love them, i have an EA Spak 5spd 3.9lt and today things continued to go wrong, Now when i dump the clutch or nail the throttle the gear stick moves a good 6" either left or right, i thought it was gearbox mounts but i checked and they seem ok, next i just put on another powersteering belt on and now shes making a really squeeky whinging noise, like theres a belt loose, but there all tight, could the belt be singing?? ther is enough play in it to be tight. I was coming home in 4th doing about 60 with the revs at 3thou just coasting along, it seems way to high for just coasting with light power to the pedal, she noticed really laggy when i was driving even in lower gears, and it feels since i put the new belt on it seems to struggle, i havent driven it yet because of this whirring sound and because it feels so laggy, im looking to get a new exhuast soon, could the laggy feeling be from the catalyic converter??? and can anyone help me with anything of my problems???? thanks in advance
Scano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2004, 02:54   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fix Or Repair Daily

Go buy yourself a Gregorys manual.. start on the first page and do all the MAINTENANCE that is required..

Geez.. sounds like its been cained for a while
Stangas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 03:27   #3 (permalink)

cained??? thats an understatement, i got it with 206000kms on it, its now got 217770 on it and i dont think theres been a day i havent smoked the tyres, but shes a ford she'l hold togetehr
Old 12-24-2004, 04:23   #4 (permalink)
i was there now i'm here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scano
cained??? thats an understatement, i got it with 206000kms on it, its now got 217770 on it and i dont think theres been a day i havent smoked the tyres, but shes a ford she'l hold togetehr
mate how long do you want it to last..
pepsimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 05:10   #5 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

you have a broken Passenger side engine mount....
It could be an idler or tensioner bearing gone casue the noise
3.7 lsd
AU bottem end
ELXR6 ported Head
PH4480 Pacemakers
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 05:11   #6 (permalink)

last long enough before i cant fix it so i can sell it, just gotta find out whats wrong with it, i fired it up this morning and she made a huge whirring whistling sound and the engine dropped idle bout 4 times and came close to stalling, i brought it back with revs but it kept dropping to almost stalling so i just cut the engine, any one have any ideas?, ecu? injectors?, cat?, throttle body?. it has a new coilpack and dizzy
Old 12-25-2004, 05:14   #7 (permalink)

cheers injected250 ill have a look tomorrow and see what i can find, im assuming the mount went on the engine, or gearbox but i cant see it on the passenger side cause of the manifold, ill have a look toomorrow and sus out the idle adjusters, thanks for your help mate
Old 12-25-2004, 17:19   #8 (permalink)

engine mounts look fine but there is slight movement so ill get it checked out. I found my problem with the idle, theres a black hose running from the inlet manifold to a black box on the firewall with wires, is this the ECU??? the hose had come out so i just put it back in, the hose was making a sucking sound so i put it in the box and now she holds idle. i think its maybe air fuel adjustment or something. the whirrling stop after i put CRC on the idle adjusters and now its all sweet
cheers for all your help
Old 12-25-2004, 17:31   #9 (permalink)
Whats traction?

Its not the ECU, I'm pretty sure thats the fuel pump controller. The ECU is in the cabin, passenger side foot well.

Are you sure the transmission itself isn't shagged? 3000rpm @60 is not 4th gear..... more like second. There's not much play in the shifter assembly so something pretty major is moving around under the hood/in the trans.
Old 12-25-2004, 17:56   #10 (permalink)

when i put the hose in the fuel pump controller, everything went back to normal, it has lower revs now compared to what it was. but the thing is the selector moves a good 6inches to the right in 1st, and 2nd when i floor it, i thought its mounts but i havent checked gearbox, its pretty weird, i think it all happend when i tried dumping the clutch in a busy street and i heard a huge pop, i thouhgt it was a unijoint but it might be a mount i will check today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech