Ford Forums banner

Ford straight 6 hard to crank after replacing timing chain

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
So I replaced the timing chain on my EB falcon which has the 4 litre straight 6 engine and the engine is very hard to crank by hand and will hardly crank with the starter. When I remove the spark plugs it cranks over fine and these spark plugs are the same plugs as before I replaced the chain so there not hitting the tops of the pistons. It seems like there is to much compression to turn the engine over and I'm wondering if my timing is 180 degrees out. Anyone know what the problem might be.
Thanks

#4 ·
If it's taken you 6 weeks to come back with a sarcastic reply , no wonder you cant get the car to start . Anyone who knows about cars would tell you if the chain was set up wrongly the timing would be that far out it would be kicking back on trying to start , giving you the symptoms you've got . Also it would turn over easier with the plugs out as you aint got any compression !! If you want help , supply more info and lose the attitude .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.