Fuel system = dead :( - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2004, 02:31   #1 (permalink)
He without "fastness"

Fuel system = dead :(

i tried to start my car this arvo and it wasnt going. I kept the starter motor going until the gas system kicked in and the engine was going fine. on the way, i stopped to fill up gas and thought that maybe the fuel was too low, so i filled up fuel aswell. Still, i had to have the starter motor running for 10 seconds and then the gas system kicked in and the engine fired up.

I had my fuel filter replaced last week and it was working. The cars been parked for 3 days, except for when i was moving the car to wash it yesterday, but the amount of starting ive been doing should have been enough to get the fuel pressure up enough in the line, if its dropped from being parked.

What do you guys reckon it might be???
SoulReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2004, 04:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fuel system = dead :(

Best way to check, take ur fuel line off the injector rail, and turn the key on with somebody holding it in a container. See if fuel is getting there. Sunds like a fuel pump prob - might be a loose connection on the fuel pump circuit or a wrecked pump. Dont wind her over to try and get fuel through her, the electric pump will do it with out winding her over.
Falcon S, MPFI, red, Resprayed with colour coded bumpers, motorvator extractors, walker hi-flow cat, 2 & 1/2 exhaust system, cold air intake using hi-flow K&N pod filter (heat sheilded), stage 3 crow cam with a vernier cam timing gear. Severly ported and polished EB 4.0L head, shimmed valve springs - compression ratio (9.5:1 +). Making 145rwkw!!
Grant Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:24   #3 (permalink)

What kind of a car is it?????????????
Falcon S, MPFI, red, Resprayed with colour coded bumpers, motorvator extractors, walker hi-flow cat, 2 & 1/2 exhaust system, cold air intake using hi-flow K&N pod filter (heat sheilded), stage 3 crow cam with a vernier cam timing gear. Severly ported and polished EB 4.0L head, shimmed valve springs - compression ratio (9.5:1 +). Making 145rwkw!!
Grant Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:51   #4 (permalink)
He without "fastness"

its a 3.9 CFI EA. doesnt have an injector rail :(
SoulReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:52   #5 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Take a fuel line off at the carby then, or, alternatively, have a mechanic or friend pressure test it. This is the best way to ascertain the health of your fuel pump, provided the filter hasn't just been installed backwards
Is the pump actually working? i.e. do you hear it prime when you turn the key on?
Get somebody to listen in the boot while the motor's cranking.

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:24   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, the guys are right.
Make sure your fuel pump is in good order. Mine made a whining noise 4 ages and then i completly died. This is from bein a tight ass and running the tank into the red, the pump needs to be immersed in petrol to keep cool....sounds kinda dumb.
A pump will always make noise, turn the key without starting the engine and have some one with their head in tha boot, look under the carpet, there is a round panel next to the spare wheel. If its loud as, replace it coz its gonna die...trust me. Other wise if its not to loud....normal (ahem, whats norm?) then check your lines and filter ( could be on the wrong way. Lines could have a kink etc... the list can go on.
Good luck
Dumped on its tits with rims
Hardly legal tint. EL interior.
Hi-Flow mandrel cold air intake.
Extractors, 2.5' exhaust....
Lip spoiler, custom boot garnish!
PetesEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech