H beam rods for E series??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2006, 01:18   #1 (permalink)

H beam rods for E series???

can you get H beam rods for e series 4lt motors??? i red in a magazine you can but unsure if it exactly was for e series or for BA...anyone know??? if anyone does make them for the e series, how much and where do u get them??? cheers
MRJLB84D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2006, 01:41   #2 (permalink)

Re: H beam rods for E series???

AFAIK you can use BA ones as long as you use the pistons as well (different rod length). Same as using au rods in an e-series.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:00   #3 (permalink)

i wanna do the ef crank and rod conversion in my 250 xflow, so dont think i can use au-ba stuff.

Im going turbo too hence y id like the H beams, even tho the e series rods are pretty damn strong
Old 03-18-2006, 18:57   #4 (permalink)
FRITZZ

yeh the stock e series rod have proven to be good for 600rwhp
el falcon, T70, nizpro plenum, 6boost manifold, autronic sm4, 3.5' turbo dump and cat ,ford motorsport injectors, kyb shocks, lovells SL, el gt 17' rims 245/45/17, limo tint, alpine 9827hu, 4 210w jbl 61/2 splits, kicker sL712 sub, kicker ported box,520w jbl 4channel, 750wrms jbl MB
fritzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 03:35   #5 (permalink)

Just Beam Polish And Shotpeen The Ef Ones. Then Fit Apr Bolts.
With Resize And Balance Should Cost Aprox $400. Heard One Bloke Got Some H-beams Ex-usa, $1400
xrglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 19:05   #6 (permalink)

ARP rod bolts would be pretty sweet, and good enough for up to 7000rpm, especially with the shotpeening and polishing/ deburring.

But, There are heaps of H- beam rods avail. now from people like: eagle, and others.
If you get the exact length and size of big and small end, There would be many Brands Rods to choose from from cheap prices (made in USA) too. It doesnt have to be from your exact engine eg. The rod manufacturer (or you) can look up specs and see whats the same (sometimes slight resizing of small and/or bigend may be required).

Some people reckon the e-series rods are stronger, eg stock rods doing low 10's in e-series, BA's doing low 10's mostly (if not all) have uprated rods.
Heckaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:51   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckaz
ARP rod bolts would be pretty sweet, and good enough for up to 7000rpm, especially with the shotpeening and polishing/ deburring.

But, There are heaps of H- beam rods avail. now from people like: eagle, and others.
If you get the exact length and size of big and small end, There would be many Brands Rods to choose from from cheap prices (made in USA) too. It doesnt have to be from your exact engine eg. The rod manufacturer (or you) can look up specs and see whats the same (sometimes slight resizing of small and/or bigend may be required).

Some people reckon the e-series rods are stronger, eg stock rods doing low 10's in e-series, BA's doing low 10's mostly (if not all) have uprated rods.
well i know e series rods are 5.88" in length, but im unsure about big and little end sizes.... anyone kno them sizes??? then i can go do some searching:) but for now im just after some e series rods if anyone has some for sale???
Old 04-25-2006, 04:41   #8 (permalink)

i have a spar ef falcon block if you want the rods i will rip em out for ya ???
where are you?
cheers
notty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 00:46   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notty
i have a spar ef falcon block if you want the rods i will rip em out for ya ???
where are you?
cheers
I am in newcastle NOTTY. How much were you after?? i was quoted $100 from a wrecker for crank and rods (but availability was the problem)
PM ME if you like
Old 04-26-2006, 03:10   #10 (permalink)

well yeah you can have the crank and rods for $100 but the only problem is postage im in melbourne
notty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech