HAMO’S NEW i 6 MODS. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2004, 02:38   #1 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

HAMO’S NEW i 6 MODS.

HI, the guys out at G&D Performance in Cranbourne & Airflow Dynamics have been doing some tech work on Hamo’s AU.

What was done?

Cam & Valve springs

Head work

2500 Hi Stall

Trans cooler

Who did it?

G&D Performance in Cranbourne squeezed the AU in the busy schedule. 1st took the head off the i6, send it off to Airflow Dynamics for head work, G&D choose to use Airflow Dynamics as they have had very good results with LS1 heads..

The Cam along with new double row valve springs were fitted and then the car had to be re-tuned. G&D Performance are an accredited Unichip dealer so they could tune the car for its new mods.

Rod fitted the 2500 Hi stall along with Trans cooler.

How does it go?

Friday night at Calder Hamo got permission to run from the infield in hindsight it was a mistake he had to run against comp cars (10 sec) noisy cars. One run he staged the car stalled it up and begin doing a burnout on the line, but when you have a 600 H/P monster next to you in the other lane you cant here nothing. Enough on that soon we will be off to Heathcote need to do some testing on best Rpm to launch at, as the best 60 foot time came from a 1500 rpm stall. Which was a 2.24 the worst was 2.45.

Best ET was 14.84 the worst was 14.97.

Best Mph was 97.50 the worst was 93.26. Very happy with the 97mph making very good power with a few more test runs and Hamo not hitting the limiter when shifting. We will get there..

Hamo would like to thank the following for there huge efforts and support.

G&D Performance, Glen & Matt and all the Tech guys there.

Airflow Dynamics in Berwick I often see questions were can I get some head work done well give them a ring, you will be looked after.

Chris (Blue Power), Rod, Peter (APS), Jason (Dominator) all these guy’s have helped Hamo, and shown great support.

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2004, 02:41   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Re: HAMO’S NEW i 6 MODS.

sounds good!

anything in 14's is awesome for a I6 in my books.

might just be me, but this also sounds like a big add. lol. Nice to tell everyone where you guys get work work done but damn...

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:46   #3 (permalink)
Blue Blood

How much love?

both in cost and performance :)

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:50   #4 (permalink)
gone

Top Effort Guys

Getting better all the time and almost ready for a turbo!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 03:02   #5 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
HI, the guys out at G&D Performance in Cranbourne & Airflow Dynamics have been doing some tech work on Hamo’s AU.

What was done?

Cam & Valve springs

Head work

2500 Hi Stall

Trans cooler

Who did it?

G&D Performance in Cranbourne squeezed the AU in the busy schedule. 1st took the head off the i6, send it off to Airflow Dynamics for head work, G&D choose to use Airflow Dynamics as they have had very good results with LS1 heads..

The Cam along with new double row valve springs were fitted and then the car had to be re-tuned. G&D Performance are an accredited Unichip dealer so they could tune the car for its new mods.

Rod fitted the 2500 Hi stall along with Trans cooler.

How does it go?

Friday night at Calder Hamo got permission to run from the infield in hindsight it was a mistake he had to run against comp cars (10 sec) noisy cars. One run he staged the car stalled it up and begin doing a burnout on the line, but when you have a 600 H/P monster next to you in the other lane you cant here nothing. Enough on that soon we will be off to Heathcote need to do some testing on best Rpm to launch at, as the best 60 foot time came from a 1500 rpm stall. Which was a 2.24 the worst was 2.45.

Best ET was 14.84 the worst was 14.97.

Best Mph was 97.50 the worst was 93.26. Very happy with the 97mph making very good power with a few more test runs and Hamo not hitting the limiter when shifting. We will get there..

Hamo would like to thank the following for there huge efforts and support.

G&D Performance, Glen & Matt and all the Tech guys there.

Airflow Dynamics in Berwick I often see questions were can I get some head work done well give them a ring, you will be looked after.

Chris (Blue Power), Rod, Peter (APS), Jason (Dominator) all these guy’s have helped Hamo, and shown great support.
Well done Hamo good to see the 6 making some decent power.MPH shows u are on the money now u need some coaching lessons how to drive the thing.LOL.Interesting to see how u will go when u get it together.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 03:02   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmcginley
How much love?

both in cost and performance :)
It was split all over the place and many helped out, Dominator 2500rpm hi stall 5$650 rrp. Chris used some of his blue power at Crow and around $590 for springs and cam...

The Head and fitting and tuning, we still don’t have a bill as Glen has been busy he is involved in the engineering on the Australian built JOSS Super car..i will see if he has time to come on and answer some questions.

Rod and I fitted the hi-stall and cooler...

Team effort...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

any FF members need help or don’t know where to start with mods, or are not happy with a mod on they had done on there car, give Matt a call at G&D Performance book a time and they will give you a free Dyno run and work out what you need from there...be patient they are a very busy shop..

Old 12-19-2004, 03:07   #7 (permalink)
I want my brothers car.

well...thanks mark for putting all the details up for me. i'm happy to share my experience just as others have done to help me.

i'd have to say its like having a whole new car. i wasn't sure exactly what to expect from these mods, but i really am excited with how it performs.

i'll have a faster time ticket soon, no doubt about it...it was very hard to test things friday night, i had never raced with the stall before and it was different finding the ideal launch. all three runs showed promising signs, i just couldn't get the 'perfect pass'....on one pass my manual gear changes were very poor for an otherwise good run.

driving on the street feels ALOT quicker, the car sounds awesome too. ....i always wanted a quick car, and because of everyones time and effort, i've got exactly that!!

The car has made amazing progress throughout this year and i appreciate all the effort from those involved, and thanks also to everyone on here for showing such enthusiasm.

(OFR #10)
BF F6 Auto APS PHASE 3 11.44@125.7MPH Autotech Edit Tuned
Hamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 03:29   #8 (permalink)
LG
Silver Star

Looking gooood!!! Great times for an auto. How do you control the hi-stall, for just normal every day driving and not racing?

For Sale: EF Airbox Lid - $30
LG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 04:16   #9 (permalink)
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O

Thats an awesome effort Hamo !! That is one hell of a quick AU I6 !!!! Im sure you are going to surprise a few people on the roads !!
Good work to all involved !!
Ray & Ben.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:16   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Looking gooood!!! Great times for an auto. How do you control the hi-stall, for just normal every day driving and not racing?
hi LG, has i lock up in it, not much different to standard converter.
it takes of no different to before.... but if you set out to stall it up a bit and flash it, it leaves 2 nice black lines...if you are thinking of getting one Dominator can make one to any RPM you like..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech