Hanging Revs ??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2005, 21:04   #1 (permalink)

Hanging Revs ???

Ive got a 95 xr6 manual and the revs seem to hang around 1500rpm and 1000rpm on deceleration for a few seconds before dropping to normal idle not to sure if electronic sensor problem or a timing problem
4ordxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2005, 21:38   #2 (permalink)

Re: Hanging Revs ???

Sounds like your base idle may be set a little high. There should be an idle adjustment screw on the throttle body.
Old 01-30-2005, 21:55   #3 (permalink)
Mcccli

Possibly ur cable is getting jammed somewhere too. Just rev it a little and watch the cable and see if it jams for a bit when the revs seem to hang.
mcccy005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 18:47   #4 (permalink)

hey,
My car does exactly the same thing.. but it dosnt settle it just stays at 1100 to 1500pm (once it did it at 2500rpm) until i tap the throttle then it will drop down to 900rpm and stay there...
the cable isnt jammed i cant seem to find a problem.. but the problem started when i washed my car at carlovers and degreased my engine bay..
i got a feeling the high pressure water messed something up which is making it do that but i have no idea..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 23:27   #5 (permalink)
Who wants more than 80kw?

Cant say I know what it is 4 sure, but if you have no luck with anything you could always take it to a place with a dyno & ECU reader.

That way you can drive it on the dyno as you would when it faults, and look at all the sensor outputs to see which one is incorrect.

Only problem is this costs $$$ and may not yield any useful data.
81foXDwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 00:32   #6 (permalink)

The first thing i would do is take the intake pipes off an get an old toothbush and a can of thottle body cleaner and spray it down the throttle and scrub all around because sometimes the stick, take off the base idles off and spray that out too, u would be supprised how often this works.
Old 02-02-2005, 19:50   #7 (permalink)
Mcccli

Actually now u mention that bluebeast it prolly is the best thing to do cus on my old carby car it used to do that and id give the throttle a tap - might be the butterlys not closing properly
mcccy005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:19   #8 (permalink)

What I would do is take the throttle body off the car and clean the electrical connections to the isc motor and butterfly position monitor (dont know tech name), then take off the isc motor and spray throttle body cleaner into the isc motor and blow it out with air and do the same to the throttle body paying attention to the idle ports (to isc motor) and around the butterfly shaft. Open and close the butterfly a few times while spraying the stuff to loosen it up. Good luck
Falcon S, MPFI, red, Resprayed with colour coded bumpers, motorvator extractors, walker hi-flow cat, 2 & 1/2 exhaust system, cold air intake using hi-flow K&N pod filter (heat sheilded), stage 3 crow cam with a vernier cam timing gear. Severly ported and polished EB 4.0L head, shimmed valve springs - compression ratio (9.5:1 +). Making 145rwkw!!
Grant Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech