Head Gasket

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Sundeep 
G
#1 ·
Head gasket?

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could help.

G
#3 ·
Sorry about that I accidently press enter, anyway my problem is that I'v got a 89 model EA and i'm changing the head gasket but the holes for the water jackets dont seem to be there, everything else seems to be alright. Eddie.

G
#5 ·
whats the go

I got a problem with my 1990 ea . the problem is that i have blown 2 head gaskets in 2 weeks ... anyone know what could be causing this .

any advise would be most helpfull is there any chance that the head is warped

Thank u

luke (lanzar ea)

#8 ·
According to fords service and repair department, when you change the head gasket you must also change the head bolts, because they are designed to streach when tightened or something.
If you dont, apparently the head gasket will fail after a few weeks.

Dont know if it's true or not, but it might be worth a try.

#9 ·
The Torque to Yield head bolts can be used twice but at around $80 a set I would use new ones each time. Ford also revised the design of the head bolts as (as I recall) the original design bolt heads were binding with the head bolt seats and thus being under torqued,

#10 ·
Change the head bolts, it's not worth the risk.

If the gasket goes again quickly, I'd say that head was not torqued down correctly. A warp in the bolck or head would generally take a little longer to cause problems.

Anyhow, when changing the head gasket, spend a extra $80 or so and get the head checked/ pressure tested, and a 'clean up' shave.

#11 ·
To any one who is interested, there is a ED-AU head for sale in the Melboune Trading Post this week for $350.

Sundeep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.