heart transplant - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2004, 22:53   #1 (permalink)
Holden Muncher

biggrin heart transplant

i am thiking of puting a BA XR6 TURBO engin in my NF Fairlaine Gia what you guys reckon and how mutch you reckon i would cost and do you think its worth it ?
4.0L - Trust Air Filter - 2.5" Exhaust With 4'' Tip
[Interior & Stereo]: Chrome & Woodgrain Interior - Pioneer H/U - 220Watt 6'' Pioneer Bulit Splits - 300Watt Pioneer 4Way 6/9's - 4x12'' 1000Watt Pioneer Subs 1x480Watt Pioneer Amp - 4x780Watt Pioneer Amp And 2X1.5 Farad Capacitors.
ACNTRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2004, 23:01   #2 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

Re: heart transplant

Good luck finding one..... you and evryone else wants one in there car so ya gonna pay a fair amount for a wreck to source the engine from.

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 00:22   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

they come up on Ebay from time to time around the $6500 mark. donno if youd be able to just drop it in or not but i think it would be a project worth doing. my opinion would be that it would probably cost around 15k if you didnt by a whole BA. maybe buy a whole BA wreck and flog off what you dont need.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:54   #4 (permalink)

I agree with davway. An engine for 6,500 is pretty steep considering the parts that you'd still need to source from wreckers.

Keep your eye out for a wrecked one. Maybe even think about a Jap front-cut. I know a 1UZFE front cut will only cost you 2-3 and you'll be revving the sweetest 4.0L V8 on the planet. You can literally stand a 50 cent piece on the plennum chamber and rev the car. I've done it.
1995 EF XR6 Manual
Gun Metal Grey with King springs and 2.5 exhaust, riding on EL XR8 rims.
Quicklier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:58   #5 (permalink)

mhm engine mounts wont line up properly, u need wiring loom ... shit its one hellp of shitfight of a transplant ... but doable if u wanna spend the $$$

personally. just turbo what you got as you most likely gonna pull more HP with teh same amount spend
Old 06-10-2004, 06:37   #6 (permalink)
In the drivers seat

I agree with Chief, would be very expensive to do as your NF will be cable throttle whereas the BA's all have the wizzbang new fly by wire throttle etc, so you'd probably need a chip (Motec etc maybe) to run it with your Fairlane. If you sourced a complete wrecked BA XR6T, you'd probably be able to adapt it's ECU etc into the NF....but that'd be ferkin expensive to do right also. The initial outlay of purchasing the entire wrecked car would not be cheap either.

IMO on the face of it, your better off buying a 4ltr engine and building it up for a turbo and doing it that way with a Microtech/Wolf 3d/Unichip piggybacked to your ECU to run everything.

If you do find a BA XR6T though, lemme know....I'd love to get hold of one of the BA XR shift knobs & gear boot. Would look lovely in my EL XR6 :)
Old 06-10-2004, 06:59   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rdman
If you do find a BA XR6T though, lemme know....I'd love to get hold of one of the BA XR shift knobs & gear boot. Would look lovely in my EL XR6 :)
you finally bought ur XR ... took u a while :p

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech