Ford Forums banner

heavy duty clutch

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ebs_4l 
#1 ·
where can i get a "heavy duty clutch" for my worked "ef 5sp manual" 6 cylinder? my stock xr6 clutch is starting to slip... how much and from who???? :driver:

#2 ·
i paid roughly $540 , thats installing it myself with a new ford clutch cable (Highly reccomended+$100) all new seals, facing of the flywheel, New spigot bearing ( a prick to install)

i also am running Castrol TransMax Z fully synthetic ATF Fluid and there is no need for the lubrizol additive when using this fluid so the castrol techs say

The XR-6 runs an organic clutch plate as standard, so if you are looking at upgrading i would look at the same kit as mine which is an Extreme Clutch Kit - Part no. KFD26001DCBHD

It runs a Dampened Centre, cushioned segment lining, Multiple sintered button lining bonded to steel backing which bites OHHHH so well, it still catches me out every now and then but pedal pressure is only slightly increased if u replace your cabe at the same time because it would have worn by now

I love my new clutch :) Mine is an DCBHD

http://www.xtremeclutch.com.au/catalogue/x_main.htm

#4 ·
being of the sintered button variety You would quickly wear away your flywheen & not to mention they are farless forgiving when your gently slipping the clutch, its either on or not .
Try daikin clutches mate , good reputable products that will have what your after.

#6 ·
svo347 said:
being of the sintered button variety You would quickly wear away your flywheen & not to mention they are farless forgiving when your gently slipping the clutch, its either on or not .
Try daikin clutches mate , good reputable products that will have what your after.
www.autobrakeservice.com.au/clutch_replacement.php

#8 ·
lol svo347 , Yes it is either on or off but can be slipped a little but you need quite a few revs off idle and it grabs reaaly well, most places should manufacture a heavy duty kit for a falcon even try repco etc etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.