Help with EbII - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2003, 09:21   #1 (permalink)

Help with EbII

Hey All,

This is my first time writting on this forum so i'll give it my best, great site and heaps of helpful info. I got a late 92 series II Eb, 4.0L, 5 speed manual...Great car, love killing lil 4cyl cars and the odd 6cyl...

Ive done a few mods including
- Pod Filter
- 2.5 inch exhaust from cat back
- 4inch tach
- Pioneer head deck, Pioneer 240watt 6x9's (rear) and 6 inch pioneer 170 watt speakers front

Im only 17 goin on 18 soon and gettin a job as first year apprentice and since im gettin a lil money rollin in i was planning a few mods for da beast and was wondering what i could do to get the most from it without major works or forced induction.. I was thinking along the lines of
- Pace maker headers and straight through cat
- Crow Cam and vernier gear.
- Air box and proper induction
- Ecu and dyno tuning.
I was hoping for any comments and any expected power i would be getting from da treads. Also I was thinkin (may be stupid question) if i could fit a ebII xr6 head onto my engine and if so how much and what power advantages would i gain.....any help and commets are greatly appreciated.
Adzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2003, 09:42   #2 (permalink)
Mechanical Dumbass

Re: Help with EbII

welcome to the forums,
mmm late 92 EB2 5sp...nice car (same as me! )
those mods you have in mind sound about the right things to be doing. i would personally just get your head ported and polished rather then getting an xr6 head as it would probably work out cheaper for you that way. with all those mods my rough guess would be around 150kw at the wheels if everything is running sweet, and maybe low 14's down the qtr. time for some sleep!
Old 11-22-2003, 19:32   #3 (permalink)

Re: Help with EbII

G'day Adzi,

I've found the big gains are the cheapest ones. Good headers and exhaust system matched with a pod filter (as you have done) and a few degrees of timing will have a great improvment on your engine preformance.

Wayne B
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech