Help, Ef Stalls - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2007, 06:21   #1 (permalink)
IF ITS A FORD...... IM IN

Question Help, Ef Stalls

heyy ppl, the other day i was driving on da freeway, i hit round 140, when i was approaching da exit, as u do, u slow down, so i put the car in neutral and braked normally, and the car jst turned off, so i turned it back on and went on, ive kinda figred out it only stalls when i hit over 3000 - 3500 rpm and then break, could be heavily of jst normal, the car is basically stock, jst a pod and its an auto. people have been telling me its the air flow meter,
(which idn where it is) and others sayn its got to do sumting with the breaks :S so im kinda confused, any help will be appreciated.

take care thanx
andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2007, 06:57   #2 (permalink)

Re: Help, Ef Stalls

well i can tell you that iu am 100% sure its not your airflow meter due to the fact that the people that have told you that know nothing about falcons because falcons DO NOT HAVE a airflow meter!
wat i wanna know is why are you slipping it into neutural at those speeds with an auto????????
the computer is probly going what the hell is going on here!
you hyave to understand your computer controls the auto aswell its not like an old school auto!
the only thing it could be is either gearbox and engine abuse or idle speed controller!
wake up to your self its a auto for a reason!
notty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:26   #3 (permalink)
IF ITS A FORD...... IM IN

i do not have a clue why i put it in neutral, i jst did, jst 1 of them things, was stupid, i kno but ow well, lol , where abouts is the idol controller thingy???? il get someone to take a look @ that, coz the revs are fine, jst under 1000 @ neutral and like .700 in gears, ( i havnt touched the revs scince i got it) so its basically how it came. thanx
Old 06-16-2007, 17:32   #4 (permalink)

idle speed controller is located on top of the throttle body!
notty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:53   #5 (permalink)
fordmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by notty
well i can tell you that iu am 100% sure its not your airflow meter due to the fact that the people that have told you that know nothing about falcons because falcons DO NOT HAVE a airflow meter!
!

Not quite like that. 6 cylinders don't have them but V8s do. Anything up to and including AU series. cheers
marc
Oh, totally agree with you about the IAC.
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech