HELP! Heater Tap - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2004, 23:02   #1 (permalink)
Dreamer

HELP! Heater Tap

Hey, my heater tap died last night and pissed out my coolant. So today I bought a new one, the revised one that ford made. My bad was that I didnt note which way the flow was meant to go.

Does the coolant flow towards the firewall or towards the thermostat? Ive installed it flowing towards firewall, seemed the right thing to do, but my heater is blowing cold air. So before I yank it out and turn around, is the arrow meant to face toward the thermostat or away from thermostat?

Also the old tap didnt have a vacuum hose connected to it, though one was dangling around down there, is that the one thats meant to connect to it?

This is the third time ive had to change coolant in about 2months!
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2004, 00:48   #2 (permalink)
EF Wagon

Re: HELP! Heater Tap

The vacuum line is what turns the tap on and off.
You should definitely hook it up. It will probably start working.
On a EB, The bit where u connect the vacuum hose should be pointed to the rear of the car. Not sure what model you have. EL judging by your avatar.
Maybe someone who's got a EL can specify.
VBman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:34   #3 (permalink)

Re: HELP! Heater Tap

u can find that out when u back trace teh heater hose ... the one i puit into the ea pointed towards the firwall, generally speaking i would assume nothing much has changed in teh later models ...

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech