hotting up my EF XR6 Questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2002, 20:56   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Knightrider_EF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Australia
Age: 38
Posts: 22
hotting up my EF XR6 Questions

All ive got on it that is not standard is the exhaust. Ill probably go for a K&N filter next and then extractors.

But where from there?

Im mostly interested in improved response and power from a standing start. How did everybody out there who owns an EF XR6 start off.

And also. getting my chip reprogrammed! how much of a performance increase will this yield and will it make the car drink crap loads more fuel than it is now.
Knightrider_EF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-04-2002, 21:35   #2 (permalink)
Awaiting Barra launch
 
Broady Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Broadmeadows, The Home of Falcon
Age: 35
Posts: 122
Re: hotting up my EF XR6 Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Knightrider_EF
All ive got on it that is not standard is the exhaust. Ill probably go for a K&N filter next and then extractors.

But where from there?

Im mostly interested in improved response and power from a standing start. How did everybody out there who owns an EF XR6 start off.

And also. getting my chip reprogrammed! how much of a performance increase will this yield and will it make the car drink crap loads more fuel than it is now.
__________________
There's nothing like thrashing your boss's car! :s6:
Broady Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 21:36   #3 (permalink)
Awaiting Barra launch
 
Broady Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Broadmeadows, The Home of Falcon
Age: 35
Posts: 122
Re: hotting up my EF XR6 Questions

OOPS!

What I meant to say was:

S-U-P-E-R-C-H-A-R-G-E-R!!:s6:
__________________
There's nothing like thrashing your boss's car! :s6:
Broady Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 06:32   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NSW/ACT
Posts: 3,023
Apparently theres a place in Melbourne that will increase the power of the 4.0L up to 175Kw at the wheels (about 230-240kw at the engine)for $4200. No computer upgrades neccessary.
Its basically a full exhaust system, better cam, high flow filter, modified fuel regulator and some head work.

Ill be down in Melbourne in a few weeks and will be further investigating it myself. He's got a test mule EF 5speed with the 175RWKW package and I wouldnt mind going for a spin in it....

If you want the details of this place ill post them up.
__________________
1993 ED XR6 M5 (1 of 329)
Polynesian Green
Turbo on the way!!
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 07:13   #5 (permalink)
Ex Member
 
Fairlane Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Perth
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
Apparently theres a place in Melbourne that will increase the power of the 4.0L up to 175Kw at the wheels (about 230-240kw at the engine)for $4200. No computer upgrades neccessary.
Its basically a full exhaust system, better cam, high flow filter, modified fuel regulator and some head work.

Ill be down in Melbourne in a few weeks and will be further investigating it myself. He's got a test mule EF 5speed with the 175RWKW package and I wouldnt mind going for a spin in it....

If you want the details of this place ill post them up.
would they be able to get simmilar performance out of a v8 aswell?
Fairlane Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 08:44   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NSW/ACT
Posts: 3,023
Whoops, he's actually in Mildura :oo1: A bit of a detour from Melbourne :crazy1:

Im not sure if does any work with the V8s, it would be worth a try to contact him I suppose.

Jim Mock MotorSport
(03) 5021 1988
__________________
1993 ED XR6 M5 (1 of 329)
Polynesian Green
Turbo on the way!!
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 09:48   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
snavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: mebourne
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
Whoops, he's actually in Mildura :oo1: A bit of a detour from Melbourne :crazy1:

Im not sure if does any work with the V8s, it would be worth a try to contact him I suppose.

Jim Mock MotorSport
(03) 5021 1988
yep autospeed member myself!:)
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between EF XR6 & Standard I6 Engine PEGASUS Inline 6 Tech 16 05-06-2004 23:57
EF XR6 Cam into an EF XR_Strider_GuY Inline 6 Tech 6 04-14-2002 20:14

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:08.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.