Ford Forums banner

I6 Fuel pumps

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Bass Crazy 
#1 ·
Hey fellas.

Would anyone happen to know the differences between the EA/D to the EF/L or AU fuel pumps?

I know the XR's have different pumps, however, im only interested in the standard unit differences (pressure/flow rate).

Any info would be great.

Thanks

#2 ·
Here is the EF/EL specs, can't give the others

Fuel Pump
Delivery (minimum) 240 cc in 10 seconds @ 275 Kpa
Pressure at engine idle 225 Kpa

Max pressure drop on shut down 10% in 10 secs
Fuel pump resistance at loom connector <10 ohms

(Straight from the bible)

#5 ·
if the fuel pump was delivering too much for th einjectors to handle, doesnt the unused fuel return to the tank anyway? So fitting a higher pressure fuel pump is a waste of time? Just a thought...its really the reg that needs the modifying

#6 ·
yea, i got fitted an XR pump (when i was converting from CFI) but i didnt get the regulator, so as sixa said, pretty much a waste of money unless u change the reg also..

Brent

#7 ·
Yer you guys are spot on. The better pump is a waste of time unless you have the correct reg to go with it.

I have just installed a VDO pump (4th pump for the car), she makes a bit more noise then the standard item, but seems better. I also lowered the mounting position in the tank so that it can still pick up some fuel on a quick launch, rather then cut out.

Oh, if anyone is interested in seeing inside a fuel pump, let me know and ill take pics.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.