Injected 250 into a XM - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2004, 00:39   #1 (permalink)

Injected 250 into a XM

hey guys
im new to the forum and i am completing a build of a xm falcon
i want to put the 250 injected motor into my xm and was just wondering how hard it would b to do... lik is it a simple drop in and then wire her up or does other stuff need to b played around with.....also will i need to put in power steering or can i use the stock steerin? or is it easy to put in power steerin?
thanks guys any help appreciated
cheers
brendan
64XM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2004, 01:19   #2 (permalink)
heard it before!

Re: Injected 250 into a XM

i'll keep an eye on this thread i know only a little about early falcons
for steering RRS make a power steer conversion i'm sure a work mate had a rack and pinion conversion for his XL but i don't know where it came from for sure castlemaine rod shop possibly?
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:11   #3 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

I am fairly sure there is a minor radiator support panel mod to be done, also you will need to watch hood clearance with the EFI manifold

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 04:43   #4 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

id go a 4.0 if youre going to the trouble, with t5 manual
3.7 lsd
AU bottem end
ELXR6 ported Head
PH4480 Pacemakers
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 22:29   #5 (permalink)

ok so do i really really really need to put in the power steerin?? is it controlled at all by the ECU? or can i unbolt the power steerin and drop the motor in?
will extractors from a 221 fit the Xflow head?
cheers
brendan
Old 11-16-2004, 04:22   #6 (permalink)

I had a turbo 4.1 in my XP with XF EFI. The strut tower support on the passenger side won't clear the no. 6 ram tube. I cut my supports out and made new(much stronger) ones. You have to run a swirl pot and low pressure pump so the fuel pick-up in the tank doesn't run dry when accelersting/cornering hard, aswell as the high pressure pump,etc. Yes the radiator support has to be modified, along with a fair bit of wiring. Some changes also need to be made for different water hoses and fittings, and you will probably need to upgrade your radiator(I ran a 3-core Group A Commodore). I ran a rack&pinion steering(not power assisted) from C.R.S which I had to further modify, and I ran XF stub axles and brakes with an ED falcon steering. column.
shano6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:23   #7 (permalink)

I had a turbo 4.1 in my XP with XF EFI. The strut tower support on the passenger side won't clear the no. 6 ram tube. I cut my supports out and made new(much stronger) ones. You have to run a swirl pot and low pressure pump so the fuel pick-up in the tank doesn't run dry when accelersting/cornering hard, aswell as the high pressure pump,etc. Yes the radiator support has to be modified, along with a fair bit of wiring. Some changes also need to be made for different water hoses and fittings, and you will probably need to upgrade your radiator(I ran a 3-core Group A Commodore). I ran a rack&pinion steering(not power assisted) from C.R.S which I had to further modify, and I ran XF stub axles and brakes with an ED falcon steering column.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:28   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJECTED250
id go a 4.0 if youre going to the trouble, with t5 manual
Yeah I had the same idea, but after doing all sorts of measurements at the time, i'm pretty sure that the 4.0 litre's inlet manifold wouldn't clear the inside of the strut tower, although the support brace clearance wasn't a problem.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:28   #9 (permalink)

thanks for the help its been huge so far. I was thinkin that i needed to upgrade the radiator anyways.....would the radiator support need to b modified running thermo's? or is it just impossible to not b able to do it without modifying it?
Also is there any other injection manifolds that might b a bit more slimer? so as that it can clear the towers as the xm is narrower than the xp so im gaureenteed not to fit.
Also did u find the rack and pinion setup beneficial or would u not bother if u were doing it all again?
cheers
brendan
Old 11-18-2004, 04:04   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64XM
thanks for the help its been huge so far. I was thinkin that i needed to upgrade the radiator anyways.....would the radiator support need to b modified running thermo's? or is it just impossible to not b able to do it without modifying it?
Also is there any other injection manifolds that might b a bit more slimer? so as that it can clear the towers as the xm is narrower than the xp so im gaureenteed not to fit.
Also did u find the rack and pinion setup beneficial or would u not bother if u were doing it all again?
cheers
brendan
If you put a large thermo on the front of the radiator, you might sneak the engine in without modifying the rad. support, but you might have to modify the engine mounts to sit the engine back a bit further. The rack and pinion had a much better feel to it but it still had about 4 turns lock to lock, so it's not like driving a new car. As for the manifold, you'd have to get one made up to fit without mods and this will be costly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech