Ford Forums banner

Injectors

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  PH0EN|X 
#1 · (Edited)
simple question - what size injector are the BLUE ones and the RED ones for an AU Inline 6?

also, how much would i be looking at for a set (6 obviously) of the BLUE type?

and also would anyone be interested in a set of the RED type?

cheers

#2 ·
I have no idea what im talking about so im gonna ask.. are the red ones standard? what sort of power gains do you expect from blue?

#3 ·
They have a number on them.Do a search Bosch injectors and there is a referance chart there on flow numbers, type etc

#4 ·
younggun said:
I have no idea what im talking about so im gonna ask.. are the red ones standard? what sort of power gains do you expect from blue?
thanks guys will do
younggun the red ones are what i have with my supercharger atm (WHICH ARE TOO BIG), they are meant to have the blue ones, thats why ive been running too rich and having all the problems

power gains, only that acheived by making it run better, looking at early 190's i reckon (currently 183rwkw)

#6 ·
Yes we have found that with std eec it doesn't like bigger injectors...On 6's.. Unichip should be able to trim them leaner somewhat.. Or after market ??

#7 ·
Any experience on using bigger injectors on E-series motors?

I know JMM does the fuel pressure reg modification - although im not quite sure what that involves, I need new injectors anyway - and i figure higher flow injectors would work the same as forcing a higher pressure thru the stock ones?

"Yes we have found that with std eec it doesn't like bigger injectors..."
Just wondering if that's AU only or '88 EECIV aswell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.