Installing new manifold and Holley on 250xflo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2003, 03:16   #1 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Installing new manifold and Holley on 250xflo

Is it hard to install a new manifold and holley 465 on a 250 xflow on an XF that use to have a weber?
What would i expect to pay by getting someone else to do it?
Where should i go? In melbourne.

Thanks guys.
Dan
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2003, 03:51   #2 (permalink)

I have done this and there are no real problems. Disconnect everything from the carby - all the wiring & obviously throttle cable, fuel lines, egr pipe etc. You can get away with leaving the webber on the manifold & reomve the manifold.

Get a new gasket, use same bolts or get longer bolts if new manifold has increased flange thickness. Use loctite on all bolts and tighten to correct torque in correct sequence. Then put your carby on. Tighten 4 bolts evenly.

You will need to change the trottle cable, an XE V8 cable is long enough. You may also want to run a spacer bettween carb & manifold with an outlet for PCV hose to oil cap. Running a decent size are cleaner will be you biggest problem.
XAXEXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 03:57   #3 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Is that all? That sounds fairly straightforward.
The carb has a PCV outlet thingy. It a street avenger model so it has a few extra feature the guy was saying.
Will i need to get the jets done properly?
I forgot to ask him.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:15   #4 (permalink)

If its got a PCV outlet then don't use the spacer, it will give more clearance for an air cleaner. They carby should run OK out of the box but you will need to get the car on the dyno to have the carb tunned properly.

PS - what manifold are you using?
Old 02-04-2003, 04:21   #5 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Thanks for that.
Its a redline 4bbl manifold.
Ill attempt to put it on myself. Thanks
Dan
Old 02-04-2003, 04:42   #6 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

While im here do you have any clue what i do with the electric choke function on the side of the new carb?

Thanks
Dan
Old 02-04-2003, 21:59   #7 (permalink)

Mine had a hot air pipe auto choke and I did not hook it up because it startes OK cold. If yours has electric auto choke then see if you can use the original wire for the webber. If not there should be instructions in the box re: whats required for elec choke.

Good luck with it, if you've got a cam and some head work like I have you will definately notice the difference with the 4bbl once its tunned.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:52   #8 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Excellent. Yeah ive had headwork done and a new cam made as well. But everything is going in all at once, the new head, cam manifold and carby. Should be a nice change. I get it back on friday then i have to get it tuned. I cant wait.
I decided to let the experts install the carby and manifold when they do the head and cam. saves me the hassle and the work will be of higher quality i imagine.
Thanks for the info.
Ill post a new thread of my results early next week both dyno and seat of pants feel.

Dan
Old 02-05-2003, 18:38   #9 (permalink)

Thumbs up why add this type of carby to an 250 x/flow

look l will do this if you like me too as l will be in melbourne on the 14,15,16 /02/03 if you like to me on 0421 654 658
can fit this mainfold and carby to your vechile please let me know a.sa.p
camsscrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech