insurance - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-05, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 14
Question insurance

Hi everyone does anyone know where I can get any insurance at a reasonable price in Brisbane? I have an 94' EF Futura lowered on 17" mags with extractors sports exhaust and k&n filters no real serious mods but still have a hard time with insurance companys!!!

kalo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-05, 12:08 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 78
Re: insurance

How old are you? Insurance companies are allergic to youngsters. Maybe Shannons are worth a try - they are good to me!
oldwagon is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-05, 12:12 AM
Registered User
 
RAVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,561
Re: insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalo
Hi everyone does anyone know where I can get any insurance at a reasonable price in Brisbane? I have an 94' EF Futura lowered on 17" mags with extractors sports exhaust and k&n filters no real serious mods but still have a hard time with insurance companys!!!
Just cars insurance have unlimited mods as long as its legal.

240rwkw slug.
RAVEN is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-05, 03:44 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1
Re: insurance

Im 19, and "just car" gave me a joke of a quote, i said that i think the car was worth $6000, for a 94' (ef) gli on gas, with extracors,exhaust,air filter change, lowered and alloys, they said it was only insurable for $4000 and wanted $1587 a year in a low risk area, this quote was done 3 days ago, but i ended up going with racv, as i am in vic, they droped it to $980. a little bit better.
rushed is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-05, 07:03 PM
Registered User
 
RAVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,561
Re: insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushed
Im 19, and "just car" gave me a joke of a quote, i said that i think the car was worth $6000, for a 94' (ef) gli on gas, with extracors,exhaust,air filter change, lowered and alloys, they said it was only insurable for $4000 and wanted $1587 a year in a low risk area, this quote was done 3 days ago, but i ended up going with racv, as i am in vic, they droped it to $980. a little bit better.
You most likely dont know how to deal with insurance companys

240rwkw slug.
RAVEN is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-05, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 14
Re: insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIWGN
You most likely dont know how to deal with insurance companys
How is it you deal with them then, I'm 31 and have tried just car and got much the same response as the other bloke??? Other insurance places say either it has to be lowered the same at the front as at the back, the mags are to big eg. 16" is ok but not 17" or the stereo is worth too much. They are all robbers they put the premiums up the more mods you have but will only insure it for the market value with no mods!!!!!!
kalo is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-05, 03:00 AM
KILL MURPHY!
 
TEE5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Not Telling!
Posts: 72
Re: insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalo
How is it you deal with them then, I'm 31 and have tried just car and got much the same response as the other bloke??? Other insurance places say either it has to be lowered the same at the front as at the back, the mags are to big eg. 16" is ok but not 17" or the stereo is worth too much. They are all robbers they put the premiums up the more mods you have but will only insure it for the market value with no mods!!!!!!
I dont know why they would worry about 17's cause that is all legal and the more you want to insure it for the more it is gonna cost.
TEE5 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-05, 03:47 AM
Registered User
 
RAVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,561
Re: insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalo
How is it you deal with them then, I'm 31 and have tried just car and got much the same response as the other bloke??? Other insurance places say either it has to be lowered the same at the front as at the back, the mags are to big eg. 16" is ok but not 17" or the stereo is worth too much. They are all robbers they put the premiums up the more mods you have but will only insure it for the market value with no mods!!!!!!
Try doing it on the internet before ringing them.

240rwkw slug.
RAVEN is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-05, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 14
Re: insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEE5
I dont know why they would worry about 17's cause that is all legal and the more you want to insure it for the more it is gonna cost.
They said because it was brought out factory with 15" you could only go up one size, not all of them worry about the mags but the one's that don't worry about the other things??
kalo is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-05, 02:45 AM
Registered User
 
RAVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,561
Re: insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalo
They said because it was brought out factory with 15" you could only go up one size, not all of them worry about the mags but the one's that don't worry about the other things??
no you can go up to 2 inches bigger legaly

240rwkw slug.
RAVEN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome