intake manifolds for EA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2004, 22:44   #1 (permalink)

intake manifolds for EA

ive heard that EAs can benefit from the dual length intake manifold found on later E series falcons.

apologies for any terminology inconsistencies.

can someone outline what would be needed for a late E series dual length runner manifold to be fitted to a '90 mpfi EA?

cheers
impari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2004, 00:23   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: intake manifolds for EA

its called BBM - Broad Band Manifold, i think for the effort if keeping the EA head, just get an EBII-ED inlet much bigger intake ports, well thats what I plan.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:32   #3 (permalink)
White Lightning

talk to ea_bender. hes doing a cfi to bbm conversion.
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:50   #4 (permalink)
Who? Me?

Well im plannign on doing it pretty soon, im still trying to organise everythign i need for it.

Ive just bought an mpi comp cause i dont really want to b playing around with all that smart lock crap so im goign to get an RPM switch to change the runner length in the BBM. Apart from that i think its the same as the cfi to mpi conversion, u just use the different manifold.

ill b using my current head (hope its not corrided to the max) but ill have to get an EF/EL rocker cover for it.

when i get round to doing it, ill keep everyone posted on how its going and how we did it, might get some pics too :)
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:56   #5 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Ive had the eb falcon and au falcon..six cylinder and must say that my eb was quicker of the line than my AU ford...I dont knowif its gearing???But if the broadband manifold is supposed to give more torque I am not sure where personally.But other guys swear by them...
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 17:18   #6 (permalink)

nice.

thanks for the info.
impari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 20:39   #7 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

I have run the bbm on my ea for almost 3 years now. It gives you a nice torque uncrease up till about 300-3500rp. I actually noticed slightly better high rpm performance as well, say 4600-5500.

If you plan on running the stock EA head, remember that it has smaller inlet ports then all the others, so i suggest you have the inlets port matched, or go another head. Well thats if you want the most out of the upgrade.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that th EA runs 250kpa of pressure to the injectors. EF-L run 275kpa. Your car will be dumping in more fuel. Not so bad if you have a decent cam, but the fuel bill may go up.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:44   #8 (permalink)
Who? Me?

Bass Crazy, thanks for the info mate. Did u go from cfi to bbm or did i have mpi to start with?

also i know it was a while ago but can u remember any things u had trouble with along the way? any info would be great

u would reccomend getting the head ported? i spose it means i wont have to worry about a head gasket for a while... would u have any idea how much it would be to get it done or do u think its would be easier just to get an EF\L head?

cheers mate

bender
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech