isses with the key - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 04:04   #1 (permalink)

isses with the key

hey guys... i have a ef 1994 xr6.ive had it for like 8 months... i got a problem with the key.. i click it to the "start" mode and when i let go it misses the "on" mode and turn the car off?!? i worked out that i gotta be like super careful and super slow when it comes to turning on my car, and it stays in, which is bloody anoying, esp if it takes me 5 to 10 mins to start the damn thing lol

anyway i ripped off the steeringcover and checked out what the problem would be... for starters its not the key nor the ingnition lock/starter, but from what i have gathered it seem to be falling apart at the back of the steering coloum locking device( what ever the key lock goes onto). i found that there was a loose ball bearing inside, tryied fixed it but it was only a quick fix i guess.. and now its playing up again
i wanna know is it possible to replace it urself or do i have to spend big money to fix it.
any ideas or anyone have some info on this...??

cheers
stevo's XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2006, 20:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: isses with the key

take it to an auto elec for them to suss it out, but it sounds like you need a new barrel
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech