Ford Forums banner

K&N Filter for XR6 (AU2)

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  slim 
#1 ·
My apologies if this has been bandied about before...noticed in my local Auto One today K&N filters, to suit the AU2 (and im presuming XR6 VCT) for $125, it replaces the standard square (rectangle ish) one, are the worth the dollars, do the claims on the box prove true, or is a non noticeable improvement?...

G
#2 ·
i'm running a k&n on a stock 4L and i could notice an improvement. especially around from around 60 to 80-85 kay mark when it shifts from 1st to 2nd. there's not much change at the lower end...

but i think it's worth the money since i spend most of my time on the road doing more than 60

G
#6 ·
Hi Slim, Can you please let me know what you might be asking for your filter! also can i ask why you have gone to the Pos stsyle filter (are you planning on putting sheilding around your pod??)

Thanks.

If you need to email me the $$$ then can be done at campbelltown@accentcomms.com.au

G
#8 ·
Sorry mate, if I had come online sooner,,, I wouldn't of sold it to a mate.

as for the pod.. it sits fine on the bottom of the airbox. I don't really think it needs any sheilding. If you have August 2000 issue of street machine. Its exactly the same as that guys(Michael Willson) XR8's pod.

G
#9 ·
oops.. sorry. to answer your question why I went to a pod.. I fitted a T-series 70mm throttle body and it came out further and made a kink in the intake tubing.. pissing off the top lid of the airbox fixed this bend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.