Ford Forums banner

Lack of Power

4K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  moe 
#1 ·
Hi, maybe someone can steer me in the right direction. I have a 98 AU with 164,000 ks on the clock. It seems to be terribly under powered. Whether on take off or increasing speed, I nearly have to floor it. I've replaced plugs, leads, iac, air cleaner, oxygen sensor, fuel filter and had injectors cleaned. It seems to be marginly better with the a/c on, although only just. Could this be the TPS or cat probs, or something else lurking under the hood. What do ya think? Cheers guys.

#27 ·
Re: knock on hard pull

I Have An 04 Thunderbird I Put A Cai System And Borla Exhaust System On It.when I Go Up A Hill Or Put Some Strain On The Engine It Seems As If Has A Low Octane Knock This Has Done This From Day One. I Took The Car In For Service The Other Day And They Said They Could Not Find Anyhting Wrong. My Question Is Does Ford Use A Knock Sensor And If They Do Will It Show Up Bad On The Computer Check They Said All Codes Checked Out Ok. I Use 92 Olus Octane In My Car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.