Late model E-Series 4.0 into Xf Falcon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2006, 21:30   #1 (permalink)

Late model E-Series 4.0 into Xf Falcon

Hey Everybody

I just thought about it and the XG and XH were based on the XF ute and the G and H had the late model 4.0 engine from the E-Series. So using the loom EEC-IV and lines and crap like that would it be fairly simple (and legal has to be fully legal) to do the swap. It would be going into an XF sedan.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
wannanXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2006, 16:10   #2 (permalink)

Re: Late model E-Series 4.0 into Xf Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannanXF
Hey Everybody

I just thought about it and the XG and XH were based on the XF ute and the G and H had the late model 4.0 engine from the E-Series. So using the loom EEC-IV and lines and crap like that would it be fairly simple (and legal has to be fully legal) to do the swap. It would be going into an XF sedan.

Rob
It can be done, ill try and get
some info for you.
Old 03-01-2006, 22:26   #3 (permalink)

when i was asking bout the same thing i was told you just need the engine mounts out of the ute and it fits straight in

EB/ED turbo i6 project: starting soon
phibz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 18:02   #4 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

Have a look at this thread, but make sure you read it ALL: http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/showth...6&page=1&pp=15
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:58   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannanXF
Hey Everybody

Rob
Hi! I have done the swap to an XF ute and my advise would have to be DONT DO IT. You have to change to much.It is not just engine mounts.The front crossmember needs to be changed to XG so the alt and air con will fit. Trans mounts are also in the wrong location.Thats not to mension a full loom change, L/H inner guard different.If you do decide to do it set aside a lot of time + you will need a mig welder.
XR6FIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 22:32   #6 (permalink)

I have just completed this repower, I accomplished it in 4 days, admittedly I didnt use the EFI wiring loom ,will attempt to outline what I did and why
EF 4.0 Liter engine(70K) bought for $400 NZD less than replacing cam and lifters valve springs etc in very tired 4.1 XF 6, Engine came less intake and electrics
Car in which engine went was a tidy XF Fairmont auto
Putting EF engine in coincided with also putting in 5sp T5 manual transmission
Was a relatively easy instalation, required installing manual pedal box out of XF ute not hard to do
Drive shaft remained as original automatic one ie it is the same lenght etc, as T5 had come out of XF ute had all mounts etc used EA 5 sp bell housing ,to put into car no tunnel mods required also had on hand interior console out of eariler 3.3 5sp again easy bolt in instalation
Had acess to EA for the rest of doner parts, no XG parts used except after market XG anti roll bar as stock XF one runs into oil pan,
Changed all acessory drive from EF to EA including water pump, powersteer pump, alternator, and EA harmonic balancer was nessacary as the EF one appeared to be slighty bigger in dia and would hit the XF cross member,engine mounts where EA on the engine block, generic Falcon rubber in between, and original XF on the cross member, no fabrication required, engine went straight in with no problems,
Intake is unique in that it is carbretted, ie uses stock XF 4.1 carb on EA manifold (requires redrilling) A common mod done here in NZ for Oval Track Racing in fact 60% of the stockcars in NZ run 4.0 liter 6;s equipped with XF carbs on EA manifols (rule requires carbs) a lot of development has been done
Used EA dizzy hoooked to original XF EST (yuk) ignition system fired up first time runs like a clock, car has traveled car has travelled 3500K since repower pleased with result tons more power than 4.1
Radiator took some thought with EL getting the nod a little fabrication of mounts basedon the original XF style using EA type rubbers top angd bottom complete with electric fans no heating problems to date
If any one has querys etc PM me and I will endeavopur to answer
Kiwi4LiterXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech