Ford Forums banner

Maintenance section of the site

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  back2thefutura 
#1 ·
G'day all,

Just thought I'd pass on some recent feedback from a member in case anyone can help out. I'm going to suggest doing a search on the forums for fuel economy advice, but we are going to start needing maintenance tutorials. I can do the oil change one, but that's about as far as my knowledge goes. :p

"Hi,

congratulations to your Ford Falcon web pages - I finally managed to
identify the exact model that I have (GLi ED).

However, it's a pity that the maintenance section is empty. Do you know
any web pages related to the maintenance of the Ford Falcons? Mine is a
fuel guzzler, it takes about 15-16 litres/100 km, contrary to the specs
of 12 litres/100 km which I found on your page, and I wonder what I can
do to reduce that a little or whether the car just needs some basic
maintenance.

Cheers,

Enno"

See less See more
#6 ·
i think a maintanence section would be great, were people come up with different tips and ideas on how to do things. not just oil changes but maybe disc brake changes and possibly rebuilds of parts.

#8 ·
G'day all,

Just to confirm the situation, we have had a maintenance page since the new site was opened, but it has said 'coming soon' for all these centuries. :p

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered, and I've brought the matter to the higher-ups. All we have to do is co-ordinate the effort and we can get right up to date in no time.

I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again!

Jack T

#11 ·
Got some handy info on this.. Actually its a copy of the AS2877 Australian Standards..

Do you drive your car like this?

ACCELERATOR. The accelerator shall be used
to provide the minimum acceleration necessary to keep
the engine running effectively.

Acceleration modes shall be driven smoothly with
the gear shift operated according to the speeds
specified in the vehicle owner’s manual.
Where no speeds are specified, the transmission
shall be shifted from—
(i) first to second at 24 km/h;
(ii) second to third at 40 km/h;
(iii) third to fourth at 65 km/h; and
(iv) fourth to fifth at 70 km/h.

Thats an extract. I mean really the fuel consumption figures from the factory are crap. If so then I should get 800/560kms highway/city in my 3psd CFI EA. But that just isn't real.

If anyone is interested then I can email you the PDF. This is an obsolete standard but many cars, especially for the highway cycle are measured using it.

Dan..

#14 ·
Martin said:
Averaging 12l/100kms here with an EMS 8860 which needs a better tune. I think I could get it down to 10s or lower.
Is that a testament to the very conservative factory tune or what!

But I'd bet my left one that 75%+ of E-series falcons out there have faulty or out of spec sensors/leaky exhausts and noone knows anything about it. They should have come fitted with a fault code readout built into the instrument cluster.

#15 ·
i can do tutorials on tranny oil changes, fuel filter changes spark plug changes, brake pad & rotor changes, spring changes, and certain stuff inside like taking aprat door trims dash etc........

#20 ·
Back2, please send it to tc_six@hotmail.com. We're still in a state of chaos over the whole thing but if anyone wishes to submit any tutorials with pics, we can certainly get them online in some form soon!

Thanks again guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.